 Star Wars / 10053
Re: Star Wars weapons - My rant
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 2000 04:34:17 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Adam Murtha writes:
When I first heard that there was going to Stormtroopers, I was really
excited, but I was also thinking that maybe they'd release the Stormtroopers
with a 'real' gun, not just a bullhorn turn backwards with a 1x1 trans round
piece on it.  But they didn't, and continue to release the weapons that I
feel aren't 'realistic.'

It has always been my belief that Lego Co. has not wanted to make any
weapons at all. In the 60's and 70's military, police and wild west toys
were popular in most parts of the world. Guns were big part of the toy
market. While Lego competators were selling sets with military themes, Lego
co. seemed to refrain.I think they broke down and allowed some of the older
weapons partially to stay competative, in an electronic toy market, and
because, now,  these weapons are more historical items than killing
machines. I was surprised to see any Star Wars Lego sets, just because of
the theme.