 Star Wars / 10051
Re: Star Wars weapons - My rant
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 2000 01:59:56 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, David Simmons writes:

What's strange is that TLG's stance to not make weapons
seems only to apply to modern handguns, shotguns, and other weapons.
They've made axes, spears, lances, swords, muskets, six-shooters,
laser guns, and cannons for goodness sakes!  What puzzles me is that
the weapons from Pirates and Castle are based on actual objects,
and you'd think TLG would be more hesitant about making these
rather than laser guns from a complelely fictional universe.

I've seen it mentioned here (on LUGNet) before that it has indeed
been the policy of LegoCo to not manufacture items representing
"modern" military hardware.  And yet it warmed by Southern (Rebel),
gun-carryin' heart to see the *revolver* and *rifle* in the WildWest
sets.  I, personally, *own* a rifle (well, it's more of a carbine,
really), and have considered buying a revolver for "home defense"
(to supplement my two semi-auto handguns, but the .22 is good
only for plinkin'; keeping the revolver loaded instead of the 9mm auto
will reduce the wear-and-tear on the 9mm magazine springs).

Just my opinion, for whatever it's worth...  ;-)

Franklin
Life Member, National Rifle Association
(Please direct all flames to ".off-topic.debate")