 Star Wars / 10036
Re: Star Wars weapons - My rant
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 02:19:51 GMT

I agree, I mean, sure, we can make our own guns that fit the SW universe,
but what about those of us who aren't artistically inclined? I love making
customs, and I've made some cool Blastech DL-44s (ala Han Solo) out of
Adventurer's rifles, from an idea I saw on someones site, but it just
doesn't look the same... And I don't understand why they used the bullhorns,
I mean the old TV camera thingy and blaster pistol from the classic space
sets would have been better (Not GREAT, but better) I bet there are kids out
there going "Mommy, why does my Stormtrooper have a megaphone, and no gun?"
If they could make Colt .45s and Winchester rifles for Wild
West/Adventurers, I don't see why they couldn't make Star Wars weapons, like
they did with the Lightsaber!
Oh well, enough of my ranting...

cg-88@home.com

Adam Murtha <adammurtha@home.com> wrote in message
When I first heard that there was going to Stormtroopers, I was really
excited, but I was also thinking that maybe they'd release the • Stormtroopers
with a 'real' gun, not just a bullhorn turn backwards with a 1x1 trans • round
piece on it.  But they didn't, and continue to release the weapons that I
feel aren't 'realistic.'  It's probably expensive for Lego to create new
molds for new pieces, but they seem to do it more and more often for
juniorized pieces.  Like the guns that were created for the Wild West • theme,
I think that that was the only theme that used those guns, except maybe • the
rifles which the pirates may have used too.  And Adventurers still use • those
guns.  I don't see why they can't create a 'gun' for Star Wars.  Don't • they
have the Star Wars license till 2007?  Or is it 2005?  Anyway, thats still
quite a few years left, and they won't create a new mold for a new Star • Wars
gun?  How much longer will they use the revolver/rifle weapons?  They'll
probably kill of the Adventurers theme in the next few years, like all
themes basically, and then what?  Throw out those mold for those weapons?
Maybe its a license thing with Lucasfilm or George Lucas, or whoever.
Alright, I've rambled on way too much here.  I'm just curious as to if
anyone has anything that can shed light on this for me, or if anyone has • any
idea.  Or am I way off, and if so, just tell me, and I'll hang my head in
shame.  ;-) Also, if this has been already discussed in the past, just • point
me in the right direction to where I can find that thread, if you'd be so
kind.  Thanks.

-Adam