 Star Wars / 10010
Re: Improving Mindstorms R2???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 23:53:51 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Steve Bliss writes:
I just nabbed a second copy of the Mindstorms Droid Developer Kit[1], and
I've been thinking about how to make a better R2, and what the functions
should be. • <snip>
So, has anyone made a "more functional" R2D2 than the out-of-the-box
version(s) in the Droid Developer Kit?  Any more ideas?

I look forward to seeing your "more functional" R2... another thing that
would be cool is if you could make him "waddle" when in bipedal mode like he
does in the films... I'm pretty sure he can roll only in tripedal mode.

Also, how are you planning on doing this?  Are you going to use an RCX
computer instead of the "microscout" the DDK comes with?  It's a very cool
idea, and I can't wait to see how you pull it off.

-Bryan