 Star Wars / 10028
Re: Wanted: Images of New Elements
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 19:22:11 GMT

In lugnet.year.2001, Eric Joslin writes:
In lugnet.year.2001, James Brown writes:

Here ya go.  Including that controversial white armour guy. ;)  He's even got
printing front & back (pretty uncommon, I think).

Thanks for posting these!  I'm x-posting to (and setting FUT) lugnet.starwars
in case anyone missed it.

Apologies to whoever it was I told the TIE pilot and ST had different • helmets:
they don't.  Printing is different, but the helmet mold is the same.  (not
surprising, really - the two "originals" are pretty close as it is)

Ah, nuts.  I *know* each new mold for a new piece costs LEGO serious cash in
design and manufacture, and I *know* therefore they can only do so many in a
given year, and I would *DEFINITELY* rather have a Stormtrooper than a TIE
Pilot, but the TIE Pilot's helmet is significantly different from the
Stormtrooper's helmet IRL (I'm talking about costumes, so yes, they do exist • in
real life, thanks).  Moreover, the TIE Pilot's helmet is *exactly* the same as
the AT-AT Driver's helmet, so that mold would have come in handy of they ever
did get around to making an AT-AT set (don't laugh, I think they could do it-
not as nicely as Dave Eaton's or Shaun Sullivan's, mind you- for a $100 price
point).

All that said, I'll be more than happy to take the black ST helmets and put
them on BT1 fig bodies, to make Imperial Commandos.

Imperial Commandos wore very dark grey (almost black) jumpsuits (similar to
officers) with black "samurai" helmets.  You could however make the black
stormtroopers from the comic "Crimson Empire"

-Lord Insanity