 Robotics / Handy Board / *8264 (-100)
  Outputs

Right now I've got one Sharp GP2D05 IR Ranger rigged to TO3 and another to digital in 9. Those are working fine, but I'd like to add a servo motor, which needs one of those two ports for a signal. The FAQ mentions using the J6 SPI pins, might I be (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Need help with bumpers connected to the HB

Hi, I’ve got a problem in getting started with the Handy Board. I’d like to connect a bumper detection circuit to the analog0 of my HB. But when I connect the bumper circuit to my HB , the HB turns itself off. Can anybody help me? Any help would be (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Will not keep P-Code.....

Rmoving every chips except 62256 RAM and 74HC132, and try it again if it works. Besides the memory chip (62256), please also check the 74HC373 (under-neath the 62256 RAM). Patrick Hui (URL) Original Message ----- From: "Kurt Telep" <kt25@drexel.edu> (...) (23 years ago, 22-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Will not keep P-Code.....

Well, I recently got a hold of a handyboard from a |friend of mine who swore it was "junk and didnt' work" | After cleaning up some ugly looking solder joints on |the board, it powered right up and began to work |great. Well, when I went to screw it (...) (23 years ago, 22-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  huip@hkstar.com

Hi, I have two question. 1. I received my IR transmitter from you, but I'm not sure how to attach it (in what direction). 2. I also received the Polaroid sonar system. I wonder if there are any more info available about it beside the datasheet which (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Is the Handy Board compatible with Windows ME?

I have a Gateway Performance (933Mhz) using Windows Millenium Edition. The Handy Board works on other computers (work, school, etc) but not with this one. I follow the HyperTerminal steps & get the message: "Unable to open COM1. Please check your (...) (23 years ago, 19-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: gcc hb lib

Kai Schlamp writes: > Can somebody tell me what the assembler directive ".follow" means in the > GCC Handyboard Library written by Curt Mills? I can´t find it in the > documentation of the up to date as6811 version 3.0 and as6811 also > doesn´t (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  gcc hb lib

Hy! Can somebody tell me what the assembler directive ".follow" means in the GCC Handyboard Library written by Curt Mills? I can´t find it in the documentation of the up to date as6811 version 3.0 and as6811 also doesn´t assemble the files with this (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: generating waves

In lugnet.robotics.handyboard, Matthias Weber writes: I think your best bet would be to create an external oscillator that could be controlled using one of the TOC's. I mention the TOC's in case you need to pulse the oscillation (infrared remote (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: NiMh batteries

You are correct, the NiCd batteries are a dying breed. HOWEVER, NiCds will retain their charge on the shelf whereas NiMh batteries will continually discharge slowly. After a couple of weeks your battery will not have any charge. The best of both (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  NiMh batteries

Hello folks, I want to implement 8 Nimh (nickel metal hydride) batteries instead of Nicads on my robot. I have read that these are lighter, have more capacity and don't retain charge memory. The batteries I am looking at are 1200 mAh. Currently it (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Instructions for building own Handyboard

Thanks for the advice. I might check out the kits. I'd really like to do it all myself - it helps having a Fry's Electronics about 2 miles from my house, but I understand about the multiple shipping charges adding up. It's also a matter of cost: (...) (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  video of Spring 2001 Robotic Egg Hunt now online

In case you missed our live webcast on 29 April 2001, I have put the complete Spring 2001 LEGO My Egg-O Robotic Egg Hunt video online. (URL) site in case www.eecs is down; it's been spotty lately, due to renovations in the machine room] (URL) 8 (...) (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Fred's book available again

Hi everyone, Sorry for the shameless self-promotion, but: my book is in stock at Amazon and Barnes and Noble again. If you'd like to order with me as an affiliate, below are links to the respective companies. Thanks for your patience and interest! (...) (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Instructions for building own Handyboard

James, Gerber files can be found in the Hardware:PCB Layouts link. The HB is a fairly complex board -- are you sure you want to make it by hand? If you haven't gone from Gerber files to boards before, the HB probably isn't the best board to start (...) (23 years ago, 14-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Instructions for building own Handyboard

At the risk of coming off like a complete newbie (which I am) to this stuff, where can I find "Handyboard for dummies" kind of information about the Handyboard. I would like to build one from scratch (etching the board) this summer with my (...) (23 years ago, 14-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: HELP!!Arrays in IC

(...) really? what was I thinking of then, does the commercial version of IC support 2d arrays? Thanks for telling me, I might have spent the rest of my robot programming days without arrays :-( <>< Chris ><> (23 years ago, 12-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: HELP!!Arrays in IC

The free IC does support one-dimensional arrays. Fred (...) (23 years ago, 12-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: HELP!!Arrays in IC

What version of IC are you using? I know the free version doesn't support arrays (at least I don't think so). (...) (23 years ago, 12-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  generating waves

Hi from Germany, I need some help for generating a sqare wave with the Handyboard. The frequency should be 16kHz at least. And the number of peeks must be countable. I only could made a 1kHz symmetrical square wave with low=high=0,5ms. For that I (...) (23 years ago, 10-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  HELP!!Arrays in IC

HI I have been trying to use arrays in Interactive C with the handybaord. I have to read from analog inputs 0,1,2 and 3 of the handybaord and put those values in an array. so I had written: int v0=analog(0); int v1=analog(1); int v2=analog(2); int (...) (23 years ago, 9-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Gcc with handyboard

(...) If there exist a library and it's easy to use the gcc with handyboard - then i am will using it :) (23 years ago, 3-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  A rugwarrior question

Hi, I am trying to use a handyboard with a rugwarrior pro. Are there any header locations that I could use for a +5V & Ground connection for a shaft encoder.I'd really appreciate your help. Thanks, Umar (23 years ago, 3-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Sorry, last posting was confusing

Please see Curt Mills' gcc libraries for the HB, linked from (URL) . Fred (...) (23 years ago, 3-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Sorry, last posting was confusing

I'm sorry, my last posting was confusing. I know that there's a port of GCC for handyboard ((URL) but, to my knowledge, there's no specific library (with function to control beep, LCD, motors, sensors etc., bootstrap code, ) for that port of GCC. (...) (23 years ago, 2-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Gcc with handyboard

Is anybody using/planning to use/willing to use gcc with the handyboard? I'm planning to and before starting to write a new library, I'd like to know what's out there. Thanks, Valerio Aimale --- Valerio Aimale Scientist direct: 505.992.6741 Bios (...) (23 years ago, 2-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Spring 2001 Robotic Egg Hunt at CWRU, Sunday 29 April 2001

The 12th "LEGO My Egg-O" Robotic Egg Hunt will be held on Sunday, 29 April 2001, 12:30-3:00 PM, at the Great Lakes Science Center, Cleveland, Ohio. The Egg Hunt is the final design competition of my Autonomous Robotics course at Case Western (...) (23 years ago, 27-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Startup help

I'm a senior planning on using the Handyboard with a Mindstorm robot for my senior project. Is there anyone out there who could help my team and I get started with our project? We were thinking of purchasing the Handyboard first to play with it and (...) (23 years ago, 27-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Using own power source with motors

Yes. Please see the info at (URL) directions on doing this. Fred (...) (23 years ago, 19-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Using own power source with motors

Is it possible to hook up a 4.5V DC motor to the HandyBoard using your own power source(i.e. 4 AA batteries)? (23 years ago, 19-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Emergency....lost IC

When I was putting my handyboard up for the night, the battery pack touched the side of the board with the LCD screen. The board was off at the time, but all of the red motor LEDs lit up. When I turned the board back on I had lost IC. I tried to (...) (23 years ago, 18-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Problems with bootstrap download

I am having a problem putting HandyBoard into bootstrap download mode. When I turn the HandyBoard on(holding down the stop button) the two LEDs do not turn off, and the board is not being detected. Also, a line of black squares appears on the LCD. (...) (23 years ago, 17-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  hardware problem

Hi We were uploading pseudo-code, and suddently the board turnend off. Now we can uploade the pseudo-code, but after we cut the power, the code is gone. The memory chip is getting hot, so maybe thats the problem??? and the condencer located next to (...) (23 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Gameboy Camera Code

Some of you have requested the code I used to interface the Gameboy Camera to a Handyboard w/ expansion libs. I put the IC code and a few good links here (URL) used a modified version of the VB Image Viewer from the Yahoo 68332 Group to display the (...) (23 years ago, 27-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard) !

  RE: Handyboard execution/operation speed

Hi Everyone: Well, no responses, so I'll ask again: How fast does the HandyBoard with the standard interactive C libraries execute standard IC instructions? What about the software system interrupt at 1kHz and the multitasking overhead, how do they (...) (23 years ago, 27-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: How to get parts in Germany?

Hans-Walter Auge schrieb: (...) The cheapest source in germany would be www.elpro.org but delivery takes up to 2 weeks and often some parts are not on stock. The A1FN is about 12 DM there. Just call them at 06154-63570 and ask for a catalog. Another (...) (23 years ago, 27-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: How to get parts in Germany?

(...) Well, thats not a problem. For the LCD you can get a other one that is Hitachi compatible. In fact thats the most. You can get such one by Conrad (a german electronic distributor) Reichelt, Kessler, ... and the most local electronic stores. (...) (23 years ago, 27-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  How to get parts in Germany?

Hello, i am from Germany and want to build two Handyboards with a friend. We have problems to get some of the parts in Germany. We don´t get the LCD (LM-052L), the Motorola MC69HC11A1FN and other pieces. So who comes from Germany and has built self (...) (23 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Many Handy boards and one computer

Hi all, I am trying to build the following system, and I thought that maybe Handy Board will come in handy. Anyone has experience with something like that - adding a touch screen LCD to it, networking many boards together? Here's the description: (...) (23 years ago, 24-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Emergency - Half Dead Robot

Welp, I've fixed the problem. Apparently the inductor at L1 has burnt out. I have no idea how could this have happened beside wear and tear (although the board was pretty new). As others have suggested, replacing the motor chips (starting with U8 (...) (23 years ago, 24-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Gameboy Camera

Hey all, I got a Gameboy Camera for $8 and decided to try and hook it up to my Handyboard. I got it working this weekend if anyone would like to see the code (in IC). I am using the expansion board's digital out lines (4 of them) to clock out the (...) (23 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: port problem

Hi, I don't know the answer to your questions but this may help : There is 8 analog port, then number 8 is used by the User Knob (see Handy Board manual, you can remove it and connect wathever you need. To read it's value, use the function knob() (...) (23 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  port problem

We're curretly builing our first robot. Is there anyway that we can connect 7 analog IR reflectance sensors, two Sharp GP2D02 or GP2D12 distance sensors a servo motor and some digital switches to the Handyboard without having to buy the (...) (23 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Request: I2C Bus Handy Board interface Info.

I recently found an I2C driver at the Image Craft web page under their user contributed software page (URL) P. Loy andyl@citlink.net aloy1@utk.edu "Andrew Loy" <andyl@citlink.net> wrote in message news:G9yJDD.MpD@lugnet.com... (...) (23 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Emergency - Half Dead Robot

Hi All, I powered on my handyboard the other day, and the next thing that happened was a click noise and some black smoke from the top left part of the HB (the F1, U13 area). I tried to repower it (after turning it off) and nothing happened. I (...) (23 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Battery replacement

Hi, Two of my handyboard, pretty old ones have worned out batteries (apparently one element is not charging anymore !!!). I lokked in the digikey catalog for replacement , but the reference doesn't exist any longer !!! What type of element from (...) (23 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Multiple GP2D02 sensors ?

Has anyone successfully connected more than two GP2D02 IR range sensors to the handyboard (with expansion board) ? I would like to impliment 4 sensors and be able to read the range from them all.. Thanks ... .. Rob .. (23 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  RE: Handyboard won't run IC

I also had the problem that my handyboard was working fine, then would no longer be recongnized by IC, even after reloading the PCode. As per John Edwards' message from a few days ago, I reinstalled IC (in order to get a fresh copy of pcode_hb.s19), (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Handyboard won't run IC

Hello to everybody, I have a problem with a handyboard that I have,when I download pcode_hb.s19 I get a message that everything downloaded O.K. but then when I turn the handyboard off and on the interactive C program dosn't run (I don't get the (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  HB serial commands

Hey group, Ive looked at kam leangs serial software and was wondering how to initalize the port for a higher baud rate, instead of poke(0x102b,0x33); for 1200 baud how would I change it for 9600? and what is the highest baud the HB can run at? Thanx (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Handy expansion board info?

Does anyone have a disused Handyboard expansion interface? I've been asked if I could update my C libraries to include support for it but I'd rather not buy one a full price just for that :-) --Chuck (URL) (23 years ago, 19-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  multiple processes

Hi, I'd like to know how too run diferent processes at the same time in the handy, I'm trying to make a robot that needs the a lot of atention in each process. Thank you. (23 years ago, 17-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: handy board malfuncuion

Olivier, I have seen this problem come up on my Handyboards from time to time and usually when I switch between the two Handyboards that I have. I don't understand why it happens but my solution has been to delete the P code and reinstall it to the (...) (23 years ago, 17-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: handy board malfuncuion

olivier lanvin schrieb: (...) Try downloading "mon" that comes with "ic". It is a little debug tool that loads into the HC11 without using external hardware (except the serial port). With "mon" you can test the external RAM, LCD, etc. If "mon" does (...) (23 years ago, 17-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  handy board malfuncuion

Hello from France. I Have assembled a Handy Board which was well working for 3 monthes, but yesterday I began to have loading problems: The pcode loads successfully, but when the second phase of loading is attempted, a message error occurs: There is (...) (23 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Sample Code

Here a fonction to read an analog port and compare it to two value. Entrie are the nummer of analog entrie (0..7). The function return 0 if lower than the first value, 1 if between the two and 2 if greater than the second. Comment and variable (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Sample Code

I am a beginner programmer, and I am having a little trouble getting started. I have an analog input that I need to compare to some values stored in memory. If anyone has a similar program that I could reference, I would really appreciate it. Or if (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  seconde serial.

I'm do a second serial in handy board. It's possible? If possible what the best port fot this? Port A,B.. How can a write a new interupt vector in IC? I see the 9600 baud out, but i intersting in reciev. Thanks. (23 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Basic Stamp to Handy Board Interfacing

(...) This is an update to my previous message. Before I tried to interface the Basic Stamp to the Handy Board I went through the mailing list and found some information on the use of the SPI to interface the HB to other micro controllers. I read (...) (23 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: rotational sensors

Fred- We unloaded the last three files that you mentioned, sonar.c, robot221.c, and gp2d02_i.icb, and then tested the Lego Shaft Encoder. This eliminated the problem we were having so we then loaded the files individually and tested. We narrowed the (...) (23 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: rotational sensors

OK. Try -not-loading the last three of these libs and see if you have any joy. Fred (...) (23 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: rotational sensors

Fred- Sorry for the late response as we have not been around for Spring Break, but you requested a list of the files that come up when IC loads: lib_hb.lis, lib_hb.c, lib_hb.icb, libexpbd.icb, expsens.c, expservo.icb, explego.icb, sonar.c, (...) (23 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: serial modem communcation

Please see (URL) to see if your modem cable is wired properly. Fred In your message you said: (...) (23 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  serial modem communcation

Hi. Can anyone out there help me! I am trying to hook up my handyboard to a serial modem but it doesn't work. My setup is a cross-serial cable connected to the external serial board of the handyboard. I have tried hooking up the handyboard with the (...) (23 years ago, 5-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Controlling over 4 DC motors with handyboard

I am a Form 5 student in Hong Kong and my English is not so good...Please forgive me for that... I have bought a handyboard with expansion board. I am going to join a Techno-Pet robot competition. My design consist of 8 DC motors, but the handyboard (...) (23 years ago, 11-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Basic Stamp to Handy Board Interfacing

Hello, Has anyone ever interfaced the Stamp to the Handy Board. I am thinking about using the SPI port on the HB to do this. I truly appreciate any assistance. Guillermo (23 years ago, 11-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Handyboard execution/operation speed

Hey all: How fast does the HandyBoard with the standard interactive C libraries execute standard IC instructions? What about the software system interrupt at 1kHz and the multitasking overhead, how do they play into things? I know float instructions (...) (23 years ago, 10-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Request: I2C Bus Handy Board interface Info.

In 1999 someone requested information on how to interface I2C and the Handyboard. I would like to revisit that request. Any information on components and code to use would be appreciated. Andrew P. Loy andyl@citlink.net aloy1@utk.edu (23 years ago, 9-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Drill Motor

Yes, it can be used to control a drill motor, but probably not directly. It can drive 9V motors at 1 AMP (i think, depending on which h-bridge chips you have). I'm sure a drill motor will draw more than 1 amp, so you will need to use external power (...) (23 years ago, 7-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Drill Motor

Hi, All. I'm new to the list, but I was wondering if the handy board could be used to control something like a 7.2V cordless drill that you could get from Home depot? (23 years ago, 7-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: serial line problems

Tim, Please try the serial loopback test noted at (URL) will verify your cables and the comms path back from the HB to your PC. Fred In your message you said: (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  serial line problems

Hi All, This problem has been addressed many times before, but I have yet to find a solution. I have come accross a handyboard that has been sitting around for a while, and I decided to refresh its internal program. To do this I have tried all of (...) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Fire Fighting Robots

First, I am new to this newsgroup, so hello everybody! Second, I was just curious about how many of you (meaning people on this list) are building or have built robots for the Trinity College Fire Fighting Contest? Especially if you made one for the (...) (23 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  (no subject)

(23 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  (no subject)

(23 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: mseconds()

"It's a primitive" means that it's defined in the machine code, in the runtime engine. You can look through the source to pcode.asm to see how stuff works... (URL) . Fred In your message you said: (...) (23 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  RE: mseconds()

I'm trying to locate the actual code that comprises mseconds(), but all I can find is a statement saying that mseconds is now an IC primitive. Is there anyway someone can direct me to that code? Thanks in advance (23 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Max amps via modified HandyBoard motor source

Hi all: I've modified the HandyBoard by cutting the PCB trace as detailed at (URL) and I have a couple of questions before I destroy something. I'm connecting two 1500mAh 7.2V NiCd batteries in series to the 4-pin motor power header, and I'll be (...) (23 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: LEGO Rotation Sensor

Rob, a few Q's: 1. Can you verify that +9v is being applied to the sensor by transistor Q2. Measure the voltage at the collector, you should see a pulsed waveform (rectangular wave) with +9v on's and 0v off's. (Refer to (URL) What is the (...) (23 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  LEGO Rotation Sensor

This is a follow up to my original question about the rotation sensor. When we hooked the sensor up to the oscilloscpe and the Handy Board, we could see the voltage transitions on the scope. Now, we truned the sensor very slow (about 2 ticks per (...) (23 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Autonomous robot with radio communication

Hello everybody, A few years ago I was a regular member of this newsgroup. For my master's thesis I made an autonomous robot that could communicate with a desktop PC using a pair of radio transceivers (RadioMetrix BiM-418-F). The results of the (...) (23 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard) !

  Infrared communication

I would like to use Legos IR tower and the Lego remote control to control my Handyboard. What I am looking for is some code to decode IR signals using the built in IR receiveron PA2. Has anyone done that before? THX Chris (23 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Lego Rotation Sensor

There aren't user-adjustable thresholds in my Exp Board LEGO rotation sensor code. Rob, could it be that you are spinning the sensor too fast? In the docs there is a note that it only can deal with 16 rotations per sec. Fred In your message you (...) (23 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Lego Rotation Sensor

Tweek your thresholds! (...) (23 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Lego Rotation Sensor

We are using the expansion board libraries to drive the lego rotaion sensor and seem to be getting funny output to the handy board. We hooked up the sensor to the oscilloscope and we can see the voltage transitions on the screen, but the Handy (...) (23 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  reading sensors

Hi everyone, I'm trying to hook up a moisture sensor to the HB but having some errors. These are resistive type sensors so I have it connected to the grnd and signal on the HB of the analog ports. After connecting to the HB, at the C prompt I tried (...) (23 years ago, 23-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  AC/DC Adapter replacement

Hi. I am building a mobile robot, which should operate during days continued in external enviroments. For this reason I need to replace the voltage adapter of my HB for Lead Acid batteries. I plan to use some Lead Acid batteries like primary feeding (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Is there a benefit in delegating processing tasks?

Rainer, thank you, this will most definatly help. It is good that i will not have to desighn this from scratch. (23 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Is there a benefit in delegating processing tasks?

(...) Hi Andy, we did it the way you described, but with a 6.270 board (little brother of handy-board). We earned performance on 6.270 with it, because the only thing we had to do is to parse the string received from serial port. We attached a (...) (23 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Is there a benefit in delegating processing tasks?

Thanks for the insight, I am sorry that I did not mention the main controller would be a Handyboard (implied though due to the news group). This is still a good point and has given me a lot to think about. The slave controller would continue until (...) (23 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Is there a benefit in delegating processing tasks?

The advantage of distributed processing is that you can take a sometimes considerable load off the main MCU. Consider a speed regulator: a sensor is needed to continuously monitor the speed at which the wheels are turning and adjustments in motor (...) (23 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Is there a benefit in delegating processing tasks?

I have noticed low cost PICs (such as OOPic) that are capable of controlling (and getting useful data out of) devices like the Polaroid sonar rangefinder and other devices. Is there a benefit in delegating processing tasks such as this to a (...) (23 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  power supply voltage

Hi from France ! I have assembled a Handy Board that works well with the original 9.6 V battery pack, but I would now use a separate power source with bigger motors to have more torque (I use a 7.2 V propulsion pack, with a H-bridge system). Since (...) (23 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  handy board code

Hi, I am a begginer programer and I'd like to know if there is anyone out there who has written code for there handy board bot that I could get and learn from? I have all of libraries from the HB site, but nothing that does a full routine that I can (...) (23 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Underwater Sensors

(...) First off, beware that ordinary tap water contains dissolved impurities and is electrically conductive. (Water itself, BTW, is actually an insulator - it's the dissolved impurities that give it conductivity). It usually isn't an issue with (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Check out this site!

Terry Gathright came across this great site and thought you might want to check it out. We hope you enjoy it! (URL) Gathright wrote: Hi Guys, Check this location for some hi power motor drivers, I have ordered two of the 35 amp boards and will let (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: downloading pcode

Make sure that your phone wire between the HB and interface board has four wires, most generic phone wires only have two wires in them. -Dan (...) and (...) MAX232 (...) I (...) any (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Underwater Sensors

James, maybe a moisture sensor out of a VCR could be modified to meet your needs??? They are made to detect condensation in VCR's. but if all else fails... water is a conductor, so you could theoreticly just put two bare contacts on the outer part (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Short Circute Problem -- EMERGENCY

Raju, I have a handyboard version 1.21, on this board the battery led is working properly when it lights at power on and then goes off. According to the manual it should only remain lit when the power is too low indicating a dead battery. So I (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: downloading pcode

Brian, I had the same problem with a board I built. It turned out to be the memory was bad. I would check all the solder connections to the memory socket and make sure that it is seated properly. -DAN (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact