 Robotics / Handy Board / 8296
Re: downloading pcode
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 01:16:02 GMT

Make sure that your phone wire between the HB and interface board has four
wires, most generic phone wires only have two wires in them.
-Dan

In lugnet.robotics.handyboard, Brian Walker writes:
After the Hyperterminal test I found that the loopback portion of the test
failed.  I have checked the continuity on each line of the phone cable and
it looks good.  As mentioned before the MAX232 chip on the Interface board
has been replaced.  I will now try to change the CPU to board serial cable.
Wish me luck.
brian

In lugnet.robotics.handyboard, Fred G. Martin writes:
Hi -- it might be driver issues on the Windows site.  Please go
through the debug instructs at

http://handyboard.com/faq/display.php?key=baddl

and let us know where you stand after the HyperTerminal test.

Fred

In your message you said:
Hi everyone,
Need some help downloading pcode.  Have a row of black squares right now • and
have tried several different computers with the same 'wrong port or board
mode.'  I'm sure its in the bootstrap mode and also have replaced the • MAX232
chip on the interface board with no luck.  The only other possible problem • I
can think is one of the chips on the Handyboard.  Can anyone suggest a
testing procedure or chip that could be bad?  I would greatly appreciate • any
help.
thanks, brian