 Robotics / Handy Board / 8289
Re: downloading pcode
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 10 Feb 2001 04:18:02 GMT

After the Hyperterminal test I found that the loopback portion of the test
failed.  I have checked the continuity on each line of the phone cable and
it looks good.  As mentioned before the MAX232 chip on the Interface board
has been replaced.  I will now try to change the CPU to board serial cable.
Wish me luck.
brian

In lugnet.robotics.handyboard, Fred G. Martin writes:
Hi -- it might be driver issues on the Windows site.  Please go
through the debug instructs at

http://handyboard.com/faq/display.php?key=baddl

and let us know where you stand after the HyperTerminal test.

Fred

In your message you said:
Hi everyone,
Need some help downloading pcode.  Have a row of black squares right now and
have tried several different computers with the same 'wrong port or board
mode.'  I'm sure its in the bootstrap mode and also have replaced the MAX232
chip on the interface board with no luck.  The only other possible problem I
can think is one of the chips on the Handyboard.  Can anyone suggest a
testing procedure or chip that could be bad?  I would greatly appreciate any
help.
thanks, brian