 Robotics / Handy Board / 8333
Re: rotational sensors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 04:44:06 GMT

Fred- We unloaded the last three files that you mentioned, sonar.c,
robot221.c, and gp2d02_i.icb, and then tested the Lego Shaft Encoder.  This
eliminated the problem we were having so we then loaded the files
individually and tested.  We narrowed the problem down to the sonar.c file.
When this file was loaded, the sensor would occasionally count backwards.
Any idea on the connection between the sonar.c and the lego library file?

Rob

In lugnet.robotics.handyboard, Fred G. Martin writes:
OK.  Try -not-loading the last three of these libs and see if you have any joy.

Fred

In lugnet.robotics.handyboard, Rob Murray writes:
Fred- Sorry for the late response as we have not been around for Spring
Break, but you requested a list of the files that come up when IC loads:
lib_hb.lis, lib_hb.c, lib_hb.icb, libexpbd.icb, expsens.c, expservo.icb,
explego.icb, sonar.c, robot221.c, gp2d02_i.icb

Rob

In your response you said the following:

i don't see any problems here.  could it be that you have other
conflicting drivers loaded into the hb?  what's the list of stuff that
loads up when IC boots?

fred