 Robotics / Handy Board / 8340
Re: handy board malfuncuion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 17 Mar 2001 15:20:46 GMT

Olivier,

I have seen this problem come up on my Handyboards from time to time and
usually when I switch between the two Handyboards that I have. I don't
understand why it happens but my solution has been to delete the P code and
reinstall it to the libs folder from the Handyboard disk. Then reload the
fresh P code to the Handyboard. It appears that somehow the P code gets
corrupted and this solution has always corrected it for me.

Good Luck,
John Edwards

In lugnet.robotics.handyboard, Olivier Lanvin writes:
Hello from France. I Have assembled a Handy Board which was well working for
3 monthes, but yesterday I began to have loading problems: The pcode loads
successfully, but when the second phase of loading is attempted, a message
error occurs:
There is a copy of the messages displayed by IC:

Synchronizing with board
Pcode version 2.81 present on board
Incorrect version on board. Please reload pcode
Please find definition file 'ybzypB0zyyyyyy@.icd' (or something like that)

I noticed that the LCD on the board indicates 2.82 version of IC, not 2.81.
What could be the problem ? My files don't seem to be corrupted, could the
68HC11 itself or the memory chip be damaged ?

I would appreciate any help

Olanvin@aol.com