 Robotics / Handy Board / 8300
8299  |  8301
Subject:
power supply voltage
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 21:09:59 GMT

Hi from France !
I have assembled a Handy Board that works well with the original 9.6 V
battery pack, but I would now use a separate power source with bigger motors
to have more torque (I use a 7.2 V propulsion pack, with a H-bridge system).
Since the processor and peripheral circuitry uses only regulated 5V supply,
I wonder if I could use only five or six 1.2 V cells to power up the board
itself, in order to save weight and space.
Thanks for your suggestions.