 Robotics / Handy Board / 8306
8305  |  8307
Subject:
AC/DC Adapter replacement
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 05:47:19 GMT

Hi.
I am building a mobile robot, which should operate during days continued in
external enviroments. For this reason I need to replace the voltage adapter
of my HB for Lead Acid batteries. I plan to use some Lead Acid batteries
like primary feeding system and the 9.6 NiCD pack batteries as a secondary
system of backup. My question:
Can I replace the adapter of 12 volts/500mA for a battery of 12 volts at 4-5
amperes? Is there any problem with the capacity of the battery or should I
limit the current that enters into the HB? I read in the HB manual something
about a problem when adapters bigger than 500mA are used,  and for that
reason I think that I should limit the feeding current, but how much?
Thanks to those who can help me.