 Robotics / Handy Board / 8322
Re: serial line problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 18:11:14 GMT

Tim,

Please try the serial loopback test noted at

  http://handyboard.com/faq/display.php?key=baddl

This will verify your cables and the comms path back from the HB to
your PC.

Fred

In your message you said:
Hi All,

This problem has been addressed many times before, but I have yet to find a
solution.  I have come accross a handyboard that has been sitting around for
a while, and I decided to refresh its internal program.  To do this I have
tried all of the posted downloaders for the pc under win 95 and win2k, and
not a single one can sync properly with the handyboard.  The light on the
charger board does flash, so the computer is sending serial data, but the
light on the HB shows it is unresponsive.  Any help would be appreciated.

Tim