 Robotics / Handy Board / *8224 (-100)
  Gameboy Camera

Hey all, I got a Gameboy Camera for $8 and decided to try and hook it up to my Handyboard. I got it working this weekend if anyone would like to see the code (in IC). I am using the expansion board's digital out lines (4 of them) to clock out the (...) (23 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: port problem

Hi, I don't know the answer to your questions but this may help : There is 8 analog port, then number 8 is used by the User Knob (see Handy Board manual, you can remove it and connect wathever you need. To read it's value, use the function knob() (...) (23 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  port problem

We're curretly builing our first robot. Is there anyway that we can connect 7 analog IR reflectance sensors, two Sharp GP2D02 or GP2D12 distance sensors a servo motor and some digital switches to the Handyboard without having to buy the (...) (23 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Request: I2C Bus Handy Board interface Info.

I recently found an I2C driver at the Image Craft web page under their user contributed software page (URL) P. Loy andyl@citlink.net aloy1@utk.edu "Andrew Loy" <andyl@citlink.net> wrote in message news:G9yJDD.MpD@lugnet.com... (...) (23 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Emergency - Half Dead Robot

Hi All, I powered on my handyboard the other day, and the next thing that happened was a click noise and some black smoke from the top left part of the HB (the F1, U13 area). I tried to repower it (after turning it off) and nothing happened. I (...) (23 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Battery replacement

Hi, Two of my handyboard, pretty old ones have worned out batteries (apparently one element is not charging anymore !!!). I lokked in the digikey catalog for replacement , but the reference doesn't exist any longer !!! What type of element from (...) (23 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Multiple GP2D02 sensors ?

Has anyone successfully connected more than two GP2D02 IR range sensors to the handyboard (with expansion board) ? I would like to impliment 4 sensors and be able to read the range from them all.. Thanks ... .. Rob .. (23 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  RE: Handyboard won't run IC

I also had the problem that my handyboard was working fine, then would no longer be recongnized by IC, even after reloading the PCode. As per John Edwards' message from a few days ago, I reinstalled IC (in order to get a fresh copy of pcode_hb.s19), (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Handyboard won't run IC

Hello to everybody, I have a problem with a handyboard that I have,when I download pcode_hb.s19 I get a message that everything downloaded O.K. but then when I turn the handyboard off and on the interactive C program dosn't run (I don't get the (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  HB serial commands

Hey group, Ive looked at kam leangs serial software and was wondering how to initalize the port for a higher baud rate, instead of poke(0x102b,0x33); for 1200 baud how would I change it for 9600? and what is the highest baud the HB can run at? Thanx (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Handy expansion board info?

Does anyone have a disused Handyboard expansion interface? I've been asked if I could update my C libraries to include support for it but I'd rather not buy one a full price just for that :-) --Chuck (URL) (23 years ago, 19-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  multiple processes

Hi, I'd like to know how too run diferent processes at the same time in the handy, I'm trying to make a robot that needs the a lot of atention in each process. Thank you. (23 years ago, 17-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: handy board malfuncuion

Olivier, I have seen this problem come up on my Handyboards from time to time and usually when I switch between the two Handyboards that I have. I don't understand why it happens but my solution has been to delete the P code and reinstall it to the (...) (23 years ago, 17-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: handy board malfuncuion

olivier lanvin schrieb: (...) Try downloading "mon" that comes with "ic". It is a little debug tool that loads into the HC11 without using external hardware (except the serial port). With "mon" you can test the external RAM, LCD, etc. If "mon" does (...) (23 years ago, 17-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  handy board malfuncuion

Hello from France. I Have assembled a Handy Board which was well working for 3 monthes, but yesterday I began to have loading problems: The pcode loads successfully, but when the second phase of loading is attempted, a message error occurs: There is (...) (23 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Sample Code

Here a fonction to read an analog port and compare it to two value. Entrie are the nummer of analog entrie (0..7). The function return 0 if lower than the first value, 1 if between the two and 2 if greater than the second. Comment and variable (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Sample Code

I am a beginner programmer, and I am having a little trouble getting started. I have an analog input that I need to compare to some values stored in memory. If anyone has a similar program that I could reference, I would really appreciate it. Or if (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  seconde serial.

I'm do a second serial in handy board. It's possible? If possible what the best port fot this? Port A,B.. How can a write a new interupt vector in IC? I see the 9600 baud out, but i intersting in reciev. Thanks. (23 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Basic Stamp to Handy Board Interfacing

(...) This is an update to my previous message. Before I tried to interface the Basic Stamp to the Handy Board I went through the mailing list and found some information on the use of the SPI to interface the HB to other micro controllers. I read (...) (23 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: rotational sensors

Fred- We unloaded the last three files that you mentioned, sonar.c, robot221.c, and gp2d02_i.icb, and then tested the Lego Shaft Encoder. This eliminated the problem we were having so we then loaded the files individually and tested. We narrowed the (...) (23 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: rotational sensors

OK. Try -not-loading the last three of these libs and see if you have any joy. Fred (...) (23 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: rotational sensors

Fred- Sorry for the late response as we have not been around for Spring Break, but you requested a list of the files that come up when IC loads: lib_hb.lis, lib_hb.c, lib_hb.icb, libexpbd.icb, expsens.c, expservo.icb, explego.icb, sonar.c, (...) (23 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: serial modem communcation

Please see (URL) to see if your modem cable is wired properly. Fred In your message you said: (...) (23 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  serial modem communcation

Hi. Can anyone out there help me! I am trying to hook up my handyboard to a serial modem but it doesn't work. My setup is a cross-serial cable connected to the external serial board of the handyboard. I have tried hooking up the handyboard with the (...) (23 years ago, 5-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Controlling over 4 DC motors with handyboard

I am a Form 5 student in Hong Kong and my English is not so good...Please forgive me for that... I have bought a handyboard with expansion board. I am going to join a Techno-Pet robot competition. My design consist of 8 DC motors, but the handyboard (...) (23 years ago, 11-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Basic Stamp to Handy Board Interfacing

Hello, Has anyone ever interfaced the Stamp to the Handy Board. I am thinking about using the SPI port on the HB to do this. I truly appreciate any assistance. Guillermo (23 years ago, 11-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Handyboard execution/operation speed

Hey all: How fast does the HandyBoard with the standard interactive C libraries execute standard IC instructions? What about the software system interrupt at 1kHz and the multitasking overhead, how do they play into things? I know float instructions (...) (23 years ago, 10-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Request: I2C Bus Handy Board interface Info.

In 1999 someone requested information on how to interface I2C and the Handyboard. I would like to revisit that request. Any information on components and code to use would be appreciated. Andrew P. Loy andyl@citlink.net aloy1@utk.edu (23 years ago, 9-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Drill Motor

Yes, it can be used to control a drill motor, but probably not directly. It can drive 9V motors at 1 AMP (i think, depending on which h-bridge chips you have). I'm sure a drill motor will draw more than 1 amp, so you will need to use external power (...) (23 years ago, 7-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Drill Motor

Hi, All. I'm new to the list, but I was wondering if the handy board could be used to control something like a 7.2V cordless drill that you could get from Home depot? (23 years ago, 7-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: serial line problems

Tim, Please try the serial loopback test noted at (URL) will verify your cables and the comms path back from the HB to your PC. Fred In your message you said: (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  serial line problems

Hi All, This problem has been addressed many times before, but I have yet to find a solution. I have come accross a handyboard that has been sitting around for a while, and I decided to refresh its internal program. To do this I have tried all of (...) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Fire Fighting Robots

First, I am new to this newsgroup, so hello everybody! Second, I was just curious about how many of you (meaning people on this list) are building or have built robots for the Trinity College Fire Fighting Contest? Especially if you made one for the (...) (23 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  (no subject)

(23 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  (no subject)

(23 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: mseconds()

"It's a primitive" means that it's defined in the machine code, in the runtime engine. You can look through the source to pcode.asm to see how stuff works... (URL) . Fred In your message you said: (...) (23 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  RE: mseconds()

I'm trying to locate the actual code that comprises mseconds(), but all I can find is a statement saying that mseconds is now an IC primitive. Is there anyway someone can direct me to that code? Thanks in advance (23 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Max amps via modified HandyBoard motor source

Hi all: I've modified the HandyBoard by cutting the PCB trace as detailed at (URL) and I have a couple of questions before I destroy something. I'm connecting two 1500mAh 7.2V NiCd batteries in series to the 4-pin motor power header, and I'll be (...) (23 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: LEGO Rotation Sensor

Rob, a few Q's: 1. Can you verify that +9v is being applied to the sensor by transistor Q2. Measure the voltage at the collector, you should see a pulsed waveform (rectangular wave) with +9v on's and 0v off's. (Refer to (URL) What is the (...) (23 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  LEGO Rotation Sensor

This is a follow up to my original question about the rotation sensor. When we hooked the sensor up to the oscilloscpe and the Handy Board, we could see the voltage transitions on the scope. Now, we truned the sensor very slow (about 2 ticks per (...) (23 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Autonomous robot with radio communication

Hello everybody, A few years ago I was a regular member of this newsgroup. For my master's thesis I made an autonomous robot that could communicate with a desktop PC using a pair of radio transceivers (RadioMetrix BiM-418-F). The results of the (...) (23 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard) !

  Infrared communication

I would like to use Legos IR tower and the Lego remote control to control my Handyboard. What I am looking for is some code to decode IR signals using the built in IR receiveron PA2. Has anyone done that before? THX Chris (23 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Lego Rotation Sensor

There aren't user-adjustable thresholds in my Exp Board LEGO rotation sensor code. Rob, could it be that you are spinning the sensor too fast? In the docs there is a note that it only can deal with 16 rotations per sec. Fred In your message you (...) (23 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Lego Rotation Sensor

Tweek your thresholds! (...) (23 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Lego Rotation Sensor

We are using the expansion board libraries to drive the lego rotaion sensor and seem to be getting funny output to the handy board. We hooked up the sensor to the oscilloscope and we can see the voltage transitions on the screen, but the Handy (...) (23 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  reading sensors

Hi everyone, I'm trying to hook up a moisture sensor to the HB but having some errors. These are resistive type sensors so I have it connected to the grnd and signal on the HB of the analog ports. After connecting to the HB, at the C prompt I tried (...) (23 years ago, 23-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  AC/DC Adapter replacement

Hi. I am building a mobile robot, which should operate during days continued in external enviroments. For this reason I need to replace the voltage adapter of my HB for Lead Acid batteries. I plan to use some Lead Acid batteries like primary feeding (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Is there a benefit in delegating processing tasks?

Rainer, thank you, this will most definatly help. It is good that i will not have to desighn this from scratch. (23 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Is there a benefit in delegating processing tasks?

(...) Hi Andy, we did it the way you described, but with a 6.270 board (little brother of handy-board). We earned performance on 6.270 with it, because the only thing we had to do is to parse the string received from serial port. We attached a (...) (23 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Is there a benefit in delegating processing tasks?

Thanks for the insight, I am sorry that I did not mention the main controller would be a Handyboard (implied though due to the news group). This is still a good point and has given me a lot to think about. The slave controller would continue until (...) (23 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Is there a benefit in delegating processing tasks?

The advantage of distributed processing is that you can take a sometimes considerable load off the main MCU. Consider a speed regulator: a sensor is needed to continuously monitor the speed at which the wheels are turning and adjustments in motor (...) (23 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Is there a benefit in delegating processing tasks?

I have noticed low cost PICs (such as OOPic) that are capable of controlling (and getting useful data out of) devices like the Polaroid sonar rangefinder and other devices. Is there a benefit in delegating processing tasks such as this to a (...) (23 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  power supply voltage

Hi from France ! I have assembled a Handy Board that works well with the original 9.6 V battery pack, but I would now use a separate power source with bigger motors to have more torque (I use a 7.2 V propulsion pack, with a H-bridge system). Since (...) (23 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  handy board code

Hi, I am a begginer programer and I'd like to know if there is anyone out there who has written code for there handy board bot that I could get and learn from? I have all of libraries from the HB site, but nothing that does a full routine that I can (...) (23 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Underwater Sensors

(...) First off, beware that ordinary tap water contains dissolved impurities and is electrically conductive. (Water itself, BTW, is actually an insulator - it's the dissolved impurities that give it conductivity). It usually isn't an issue with (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Check out this site!

Terry Gathright came across this great site and thought you might want to check it out. We hope you enjoy it! (URL) Gathright wrote: Hi Guys, Check this location for some hi power motor drivers, I have ordered two of the 35 amp boards and will let (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: downloading pcode

Make sure that your phone wire between the HB and interface board has four wires, most generic phone wires only have two wires in them. -Dan (...) and (...) MAX232 (...) I (...) any (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Underwater Sensors

James, maybe a moisture sensor out of a VCR could be modified to meet your needs??? They are made to detect condensation in VCR's. but if all else fails... water is a conductor, so you could theoreticly just put two bare contacts on the outer part (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Short Circute Problem -- EMERGENCY

Raju, I have a handyboard version 1.21, on this board the battery led is working properly when it lights at power on and then goes off. According to the manual it should only remain lit when the power is too low indicating a dead battery. So I (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: downloading pcode

Brian, I had the same problem with a board I built. It turned out to be the memory was bad. I would check all the solder connections to the memory socket and make sure that it is seated properly. -DAN (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Underwater Sensors

If you had two wires hanging out, stripped at the ends, you could just check the resistance across them. Water usually has less resistance than air. (not a very cool solution but I think it would work) (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Sonar and the expansion board.

Nick.. I have exactly the same problem.. I couldn't even get the 'clicking' to start with and the chips on the sonar board got a little warm. I then have fitted the diodes in series with the power to the sonar board (connector pin 9) and added a 1K (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Underwater Sensors

Anyone know of any sensors that could be used to tell if a robot is underwater or not? I'm working on an amphibious robot and need a way to tell what environment I'm in at any given time. Thanks. James (23 years ago, 10-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: downloading pcode

After the Hyperterminal test I found that the loopback portion of the test failed. I have checked the continuity on each line of the phone cable and it looks good. As mentioned before the MAX232 chip on the Interface board has been replaced. I will (...) (23 years ago, 10-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: downloading pcode

Hi -- it might be driver issues on the Windows site. Please go through the debug instructs at (URL) let us know where you stand after the HyperTerminal test. Fred In your message you said: (...) (23 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  downloading pcode

Hi everyone, Need some help downloading pcode. Have a row of black squares right now and have tried several different computers with the same 'wrong port or board mode.' I'm sure its in the bootstrap mode and also have replaced the MAX232 chip on (...) (23 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Short Circute Problem -- EMERGENCY

Hi, guys i realy in trouble now. i thought my memory fried out and replaced it with new chip and quad nands(hc132). but still no luck. i ordered processor from B.G.Micro and waiting for that shipment. do you guys have any idea what's the problem (...) (23 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Equivalent/Compatible sensor to Sharp IS1U60

Hi All, I was wondering if there was a another sensor compatible with the handy board that i could use in place of the Sharp IS1U60 IR demodulator, that is more readily avalable (ie in Radio Shack etc), to recieve signals from a Sony remote control (...) (23 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  where is ldxibase.asm

Hi, I am doing some assembly programming for the Handyboard and I can't seem to locate the file ldxibase.asm used in many of the .asm examples I have seen posted on the Handyboard site. Any idea where I can get it? Or tips on creating it. Also, I (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: IC problem

Fred and Jim, Thank you for your quick responses. I can now see that I was trying to make a relatively simple piece of code very complicated. I rewrote the program using Fred's suggestions and wound up with the following simple, efficient program (...) (23 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: IC problem

Hi. The default process is running of out stack. This is because you've written a program in which one function calls another, which calls another, which calls the first. Each time a function is called, an internal "call stack" must keep track of (...) (23 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  IC problem

I have written a small program for the Handyboard to test program flow in IC. It is supposed to print "Step1", "Step2", Step3" in sucession to the LCD in an endless loop until I reset the board. It works properly through 12 cycles but on the 13th (...) (23 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Short Circute Problem -- EMERGENCY

Hi guys , i tried all the tests mentioned in the HB assembly to find out which part of the HB blown. No luck. i am giving the results here: 1) Tested the interface and charger board - looks good. (Both power supply and the MAX232 circuit) 2) Tested (...) (23 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  RE: 68HC11 (Evaluation Board)

I was wondering if anyone was aware of any pre-existing library calls that would allow an individual using an Evaluation Board (EVB-68HC11)+ Buffallo Monitor(ImageCraft C v5.0) to access the system clock. I've noticed that with using Interactive C (...) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  unsuscribe

How do i unsuscribe from the list? Thank you. (23 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Short Circute Problem -- EMERGENCY

Hi Rainer, thanks for your advise on this. i will fallow the test cycles mentioned in HB manual. What i noticed is , charging circuit(changeing/interface board) working and HB is working in bootstrap mode also. it is able to sync with IC in (...) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: hacking servo motors

Thanks guys(Rainer and Gary) for your valuble ideas. i think i will go with the Rainer's method because of the simpicity(only one motor). any way i designed my sensor module for beacon finding long back with three sensors. so now i got confidence (...) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Short Circute Problem -- EMERGENCY

(...) Hi Raj, first you should have a look at the assembly manual (URL) are testing description for every step of assembling. So you'll possibly find the proplem on your own. If not you will have to describe the spot you touched your HB more precise (...) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Short Circute Problem -- EMERGENCY

Hi Guys, I got a serious problem with my HB. Bymistake my 12 volts 1 amp power cord touched to HB(which is on at that time) circut track near the HB's direct charge connector. then there is short circuit crisp sound from that are and HB stoped (...) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Looking for GP2D02 sensor connector

(...) (URL) (...) (23 years ago, 31-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Looking for GP2D02 sensor connector

Try this: (URL) luck, Gary Livick (...) (23 years ago, 31-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Looking for GP2D02 sensor connector

Hi, I have bought recently a bunch of Sharp IR-distance sensors model GPD202. I'm going to use them for our laboratory courses, but I can't find the 4-pin connector this sensor uses. I would be please in anybody could tell me the reference of this (...) (23 years ago, 31-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Typo in subject heading Meant "Sharp sensor WITHOUT Expansion Brd."

(...) (23 years ago, 31-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Sharp GP2D02 sensor with Expansion Board.

Hi all, I am trying to use the Sharp GP2D02 sensor with the handy board. I dont have the expansion, thus no real digital outputs. I do know that digital output 9 can be reconfigured to act as a digital output. I have tried modifying some of the (...) (23 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: IR control

Well, I did find this link over the weekend and downloaded Max Davies excellent routines for the IR reciever. However, despite over 10 hours of attempts, I was unable to get my preferred remote (a Toshiba) configured correctly. It was very strange (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: IR control

Hi John, My experience was a little different. I was completely unable to get the generic IR routines set up correctly after about 6 hours of fiddling. I went out and bought a generic sony remote, used the Sony IR code and had it all working in (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: IR control

John, Like you, I recently purchased a Handy Board from Acroname. After doing quite a bit of research on the Internet to determine what my first experimental robotics platform should be, I felt confident that the Handy Board was the best choice. If (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  IR control

Hi all. I've just completed construction of my handyboard and I'm very excited to start experimenting with it. I had thought as a first exercise that I would program the board to respond to my TV ir remote so I could command a small platform to move (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Handyboard Battery

Brian, First I would check the voltage of the battery itself. You should get about 10 volts. If not you either have a bad battery or a problem with your charger. If the battery checks out, next I would check the poly-switch fuse. As a matter of (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Handyboard Battery

I am trying to get my Handyboard to work off of the 9.6V battery without the DC adapter connected. With the DC adapter hooked directly to the cpu board and the battery connected everything works fine. Without the cable just using the 9.6V battery I (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Reading PWM Servo Signal into Handyboard

I need to read the pulse width modulated signal put out by a radio control receiver into the Handyboard. I have thought about using a radio control PWM to electric motor speed controller and feeding this into an analog in port on the Handyboard but (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Trouble working with PORTC

Yes, I'm answering myself. I now notice that Port C is being used by the LCD. Therefore, I'm guessing that this is part of the problem (the whole problem, a really big problem?). I'm still curious as to how Port C might be shared - is it still (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Trouble working with PORTC

I'm having a little trouble working with Port C on my 68hc11. A little background: the 68hc11 is part of a rug warrior pro. This board brings Port C out to an expansion socket which I can access. I'm generally using Interactive C 3.1 to work with (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Sonar and the expansion board.

Hi, Try some of these techniques from the sites list here and see what you get. If you still get the errors in readings then you should assume that there is a problem with the board. Fortunately all chips on the board are replaceable and there is a (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Sonar and the expansion board.

I am having quite a problem with getting the proper readings from the sonar. Here is a little background on what I have tried. I have a total of four driver boards and four sonar modules. I have soldered on the non-polarized tantalum 0.1uF (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: downloading the pcode during assembly

It is possible that the pins of the 68HC11 chip are not making good contact in the socket. To fix the problem remove the chip, take a sewing push pin and make a hook in the tip. Use it to very gently pull out each pin connection in the CPU socket. (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  2x20 Optrex LCD for my handyboard

Hi, I recently purchased a 2x20 LCD pannel for my Handy Board, I need to know how to modify the pcode to take advantage of the new screen, Can anyone help? (23 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  as11_ic on unix now mailing to make icb properly.

Hi, I am on the unix platform for development. I am working on 1-wire network code for the handyboard (in assembly) I'm getting Unrecognized Mnemonic errors and value truncated errors. I then decided to assemble speed.asm, and noticed I get the same (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: hacking servo motors

(...) Hi all, why so complicated ? Use a pair of gears to double the turn ability. We had the same problem (to find a beacon) and succesfully build it. I guess you don't have to be 1 degree accurate, or ?? I think 2 degrees will work. (You don't (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: hacking servo motors

It's just an ordinary motor after you modify it to take out the feedback device, and you have no idea of where it is pointing at any time. Maybe you could have the robot turn in a circle to find the beacon? Or use a small stepper motor? You can (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact