 Robotics / Handy Board / 8291
Re: Sonar and the expansion board.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sun, 11 Feb 2001 15:47:59 GMT

Nick..
I have exactly the same problem..
I couldn't even get the 'clicking' to start with and the chips on the sonar
board got a little warm.
I then have fitted the diodes in series with the power to the sonar board
(connector pin 9) and added a 1K resistor in series with the BINH input
(connector pin 8).
I can now get the 'pings' (setting the interval to 200ms helps to hear
them).
I get the same symptom as yourself now ... a very expensive random number
generator.
Any help would be greatly appreciated here...
If I have toasted my chips, where can I get replacements (in UK)???