 Off-Topic / Debate / 27458
Re: Rückkehr der Raumnazin
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 2 Jan 2006 03:21:58 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Mike Yoder wrote:

   So, you are saying that our current government has brought devastation to our country and the world, is that correct?

Yes! Yes! A thousand times yes! Mostly economic and social destuction,

Economic destruction? All I’ve seen is 2 of the most horrific economic disasters strike during Bush’s tenure (9-11 and Katrina, neither of which can be attributed to the Bush Administration), and yet our economy still grows. To what economic indicators are you referring?

As far as social destruction, I agree that our society is in serious moral decline, but I don’t think our government’s policies are to blame.

   but in Iraq physical destruction as well!

The price of freedom isn’t cheap. Isn’t Iraq better off now than under SH?

   Recently South Korean farmers publicly commited suicide as an act of protest against flooding their countries markets with cheap American produce, which would destroy their livelihood and way of life.

Who is forcing them to buy it? Are you blaming US producers for producing products cost-effectively?

   We have already badly damaged Latim American economies with unfair trade arrangements.

I’m sorry, but Latin American economic woes cannot be laid at our feet.

   We are unpopular in the world due to our destructive political end economic practices, not because they are envious of the MTV.The world is in the process of constructing an economic trade system that is independant of the American one, with the strenthening Euro likely to replace the Dollar as the standard measurement of trade.

I wish them good luck. I’ll still trust good ol’ supply and demand to set prices.

   China’s economy is growing at an unheard of rate of 10% a year, and has been for the last 25. They are making energy deals with Venezuala, Russia, and the Mideast markets which make the U.S. government very nervous.

How do you think China’s government will react when they can’t afford oil when they have to pay market price for it? I think that’s grounds for being nervous.

   This whole mess we’ve made in Iraq

I guess one man’s mess is another man’s freedom.

   in the name of 911 and security has to do with grabbing as much of a dwindling oil supply as we can,

All the while ignoring ANWR? I don’t buy it.

   while in the process showing the world that we are the sole surviving superpower with a badass military, and we’re not afraid to use it!

The world already knows that-- there are just some Islamo-Facists who only understand absolute power who are too blinkered to grasp this short of an in-home demonstration.

   If your not convinced that oil was the reason, then why is the U.S. recieving 70% of the oil produced in Iraq, the world’s fifth largest proven reserve, when pre-war we we’re revieving 0%?

Because SH was in bed with France and Russia. And let me say: we are not just taking that oil; we are paying for it. The Iraqis need $$$, not millions of barrels of oil.

   and the cost of gasoline has increased 900% for Iraqi citizens, and they have to import it?

Not sure to what you are referring here.

   The concequences of our actions haven’t quite made it stateside yet, but the story isn’t over yet either.

In case you think I’m just a Bush basher, I don’t particularly discern much between the parties- they essentially have the same goal, just slightly different ways to approach them. Both are beholden to corporate interests at the expence of the citizen .

As corporations go, so goes America. We as citizens are, in fact, their most precious resource.

   Thank God 2005 is over!

Lets hope the world fairs a little better in 2006.

How about a lot better! :-)

JOHN