 Off-Topic / Debate / 27452
Re: Rückkehr der Raumnazin
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 30 Dec 2005 16:10:32 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Mike Yoder wrote:

   ...because if this possibility is even remotely on your radar then you are not paying very close attention.

Lets see if I’m paying attention. Hatecrimes in the U.S against Muslims or anyone who even looks Muslim have risen dramatically since 911 and the War on Terrorism began.

Cites?

   The U.S government regularly sends reconnaissance teams to spy on Mosques and moniter them for radiation.

And you think this is a bad idea?

   We have deported thousands of law abiding Muslims from the U.S., often breaking up families.

Are they illegals? (which would mean that the very first thing they did upon entering the US was break the law)

   We arrest Muslims without charge, and hold them without representation, often for years.

You make this sound like an everyday occurrence. We have done this to some, but the fact is that their religion doesn’t really enter in to it, but rather their actions.

   We torture Muslim prisoners,

Is putting womens underwear on someone’s head torture in your mind? What kind of torture are you talking about?

   or use extraordinary rendition to send them to secret prisons throughout the world to be tortured.

If they are secret, how do you know about them?

   The U.S. government moniters our internet and phone conversations, including this thread, because it’s full of flagged words.

Do you have a better method of defending our country against terrorism? This method you describe is actually very effective and has thwarted actual plots that would have killed possibly 1,000s of people.

   Each of these examples by themselves can be dismissed as neccessary if distasteful indiscretions needed to carry out the War on Terror and protect the American people, but viewed together begin to paint a disturbing image.

Yes. That fighting such an enemy in conventional ways won’t work. The world has changed; now, 1 piece of excrement in the form of a man has the ability to kill literally millions of innocent people single-handedly. Does this not give you pause? Do you not believe that there are 1,000s of people in this world who would gladly give their lives and do absolutely anything they could to destroy our way of life-- including detonating a nuke on our soil, if at all possible? It is said that we lost our innocence on 9-11. But however horrible 9-11 was, it would be a picnic in comparison to a nuclear explosion in one of our major cities. Can we put this all in perspective before we get our undies in a bunch over a bunch torturing with undies?

   My point is that by studying the build-up of Nazi power, we can see the disasterous potential of the slippery slope we have put our own country and the rest of the world on.

I’m probably wrong, but why take the chance?

You are wrong to make the analogy between the rise of Hitler and our current government because the 2 are nothing alike. To refute your claim is pointless because it is so obviously inaccurate. Criticize our government all you want (and be ready to offer effective solutions), but please leave the tired Nazi analogies out of it.

JOHN