 Off-Topic / Debate / 27410
Re: Rückkehr der Raumnazin
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 22 Dec 2005 23:53:51 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Allister McLaren wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Allister McLaren wrote:

Gentleman, you both make compelling arguments.

I take Allister at his word on his motivations. He was pretty clear about that.
I also trust that John is speaking his mind on the subject. He was pretty clear
about that.

Let's just not fault each other for are what are essentially the same parts of
the issue. They both relate to one another. The intense opposites to the
spectrum. The issue has many aspects to it. This is one facet.

It's like, John (which I think speaks for many) is saying, OMG, that is really
false on many levels! .....Allister is like, right! "That's why it is so obtuse!
Get it?"

Which makes you think.
I suppose that could be considered the "Art of it" The inherent commentary that
is built in to the subject matter.

The question is up to the viewer as to how they are going to feel about it.
Is the subject matter appropriate? Who's to say. That has already been
considered by the creator (Allister), then take a look at where the author is
taking you, that is the real message. The parody. Strangely though to those who
don't like it, they wish you had spent your time doing something more positive.

Though they might miss out on what the creator wanted the viewer to see or think
about. That is the comedic way. To poke fun so that it is mocked and shunned all
at the same time. Allowing the reader to walk away with the moral judgment. That
itself might be the message. It is what is unsaid or what is implied.

Then again, some people, would advise, "let it die already".
However ugly, the lessons of the past, less we are doomed to repeat them...
So my point is though we (mankind) would like to forget and solemly honor the
dead and the past. We have to keep a small part of it with us, even to poke fun
at, so we do indeed remember the lesson.

I would suppose.

Thank you.

P.S. In case I wasn't clear, I'm not saying Allister should not have built this
MOC, more like, don't dismiss what he may be trying to get us to think about. If
he does indeed have a message or simply might have other ideas in mind.
Conversely, perhaps any pointing out that the subject matter is offensive is
people's way of saying, "dude I really rather see you making something else,
that kind of subject matter is totally unneccesary."

Just some thought, given the broadness of comedic licence and people's tastes.
Wow, I hope in me saying all of that doesn't cause more arguments! They are just
some possibilities!

eeeee