 Off-Topic / Debate / 27414
Re: Rückkehr der Raumnazin
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 23 Dec 2005 03:42:12 GMT

   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Pete White wrote:

   I was specifically referring to Allister. Is Allister a vet of WWII? Are you implying that he has earned a right somehow to make jokes about Nazis?

Holy crap! Now only WWII veterans can make jokes about Nazis? You’ve really got your work cut out for you now.

   Some Australians may find the use of ‘aussie’ patronising in this context.

I thought it was a term of endearment. All the time I saw Australians at the Sydney Olympics chanting “AussieAussieAussie!” I found it charming. YMMV.

Only Australians are allowed to use it. From USAians it’s deeply offensive.