 Off-Topic / Debate / 27451
Re: Rückkehr der Raumnazin
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 30 Dec 2005 04:31:55 GMT

   ...because if this possibility is even remotely on your radar then you are not paying very close attention.

Lets see if I’m paying attention. Hatecrimes in the U.S against Muslims or anyone who even looks Muslim have risen dramatically since 911 and the War on Terrorism began. The U.S government regularly sends reconnaissance teams to spy on Mosques and moniter them for radiation. We have deported thousands of law abiding Muslims from the U.S., often breaking up families. We arrest Muslims without charge, and hold them without representation, often for years. We torture Muslim prisoners, or use extraordinary rendition to send them to secret prisons throughout the world to be tortured. The U.S. government moniters our internet and phone conversations, including this thread, because it’s full of flagged words.

Each of these examples by themselves can be dismissed as neccessary if distasteful indiscretions needed to carry out the War on Terror and protect the American people, but viewed together begin to paint a disturbing image.

My point is that by studying the build-up of Nazi power, we can see the disasterous potential of the slippery slope we have put our own country and the rest of the world on.

I’m probably wrong, but why take the chance?

-Mike