 Off-Topic / Debate / 24952
Re: Not the right way to exit?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 21:06:11 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, David Laswell wrote:

   This election is a lose-lose situation for the long-term political situation. If Bush wins, our allies will hate us. If Kerry wins, our enemies will think we’ve given them license to walk all over us (unless he immediately turns around and starts launching more attacks).

Pardon? A vote for Kerry is an encouragement to the terrorists? Are you on the GOP’s payroll? One could as easily suggest that the terrorists, recognizing that a fanatical, crusading zealot is out of the driver’s seat, might pause to see how a new US foreign policy affects them, and what they judge to be fitting action in response. Of course, given Kerry’s over-strong endorsement of Israel’s see-if-we-care gaga Gaza policies, I’m not greatly encouraged in either case.

Still, Kerry is the superior candidate for Presidency. Just follow my flawless logic below:

P1. Anyone who is not Bush is a better choice than Bush

P2. Kerry is not Bush

C1. Therefore, Kerry is a better choice than Bush.

Note to dissenters: I recognize that the above construction may not be a sound argument, but it’s technically valid (for what that’s worth)!

Dave!