 Off-Topic / Debate / 24876
Re: Not the right way to exit?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 19 Jul 2004 23:03:18 GMT

   Again, you have no idea what is going on in Iraq. The Iraqis want us to stay, not as a conqueror, but as a protector. The overwhelming majority of Iraqis thank God the day we decided to help free them from their oppression under SH.

They may thank us for getting rid of Hussein, but they don’t all want us to stay. The best analogy I’ve heard of this is shortly after the fall of Baghdad when an Iraqi citizen walked up to a US soldier and said something to the effect of, “Thank you for coming, now please leave.” They don’t want us to coddle them, and they don’t deserve for us to treat them like that either. They deserve to have us help out when they want us to, and let them stand on their own two feet when they decide it’s time for us to leave.