 Off-Topic / Debate / 24939
Re: Not the right way to exit?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 18:35:09 GMT

   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Christopher L. Weeks wrote:

   The war in Iraq doesn’t have anything to do with global terrorism.

Seriously, whom do you suppose we are fighting in Iraq?

Look John, just because you’re a sycophantic bushie fan-boy who’ll believe any lie they tell us against all reason and evidence, don’t expect the rest of us to fall for their big lies. It is frankly amazing that you expect the rest of us to fly with the same goggles.

We’re fighting segments of the Iraqi public that want us out enough to lay their lives on the line. Just exactly like every other occupational resistance movement in history. I know, I know...it’s so much easier for you to swallow if you pretend that because we must be the good guys, that anyone who opposes us must be evil -- so we should call them terrorists instead of freedom fighters.

   In Iraq, terrorism is merely a tool to repel the invader. We should either conquer them or get the hell out.

Again, you have no idea what is going on in Iraq. The Iraqis want us to stay, not as a conqueror, but as a protector. The overwhelming majority of Iraqis thank God the day we decided to help free them from their oppression under SH.

The Iraqis want us to stay? Which one of us is clueless? I have actual genuine Iraqis (and Jordanians and Syrians and Egyptians and um...what do you call people from the UAE?) to talk to. Trust me. They don’t want us to stay.

Oh sure, I mean, the pupp^h^h^h^h provisional government wants us to stay...but would we have selected a government that did not?

Chris