 Off-Topic / Debate / 20469
Re: "France is not a Western Country anymore"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 01:46:14 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Richie Dulin writes:

Capitalist governments, *by definition*, don't just "happen" to get into
power,

Are you confusing 'capitalist' with 'democratic'?

Nope, are you?

and the process of assigning dollar values is not random, capricious,
unappealable, or unchanging.

A new dollar value determined every time for every transaction... Imagine
the beurocracy behind that! LOL

I imagined it already, it's ZERO. There is no bureacracy involved.. We said
*capitalist*, remember. The market does it for you. I determine a dollar
value every time I do a transaction now. Don't you? Or do you buy stuff
without consideration for what it costs?

You may want to review how a free market determines prices.

Given those clarifications... yes, in my view, it is OK for such a
government to do just that.