 Off-Topic / Debate / 20419
Re: "France is not a Western Country anymore"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 20 Apr 2003 04:03:53 GMT

All I wanted to point out was that the threat of Islamic extremists isn't only
the US's problem-- it is going to be on Europe's doorstep soon.  We in the US
have set a course as to how we intent to address this threat.  All I see is
Europe opposing us in our fight instead of joining forces with us.  The sooner
they address the issue the better for their own sake.

Right there, I can tell you exactly why you are mistaking.  Oussama Bin
Laden attacked USA because of USA's foreign affairs.  Your country gets
involved in almost every political tension in the world, even when USA has
nothing to do with it and shouldn't get involved.  But USA will not, on the
other hand, get involved when no money is to be made of any king of
involvement.  Take Tibet vs. China.  USA never got involved.  Russia vs.
Tchechenia, The crisis in Africa...  No money there, so no US troops either.

But Cuba, Iraq, any country in middle-east...  There is money to be made there.

I do NOT approve of the terrorist attacks.  The 9/11 attacks were not
justified.  I'm only saying that Europe doesn't need to be scared of Muslims
because Europe respects Muslims while your Govt, lead by dubya, has no
respect whatsoever for them.  Don't be fooled by Dubya's cute little
speeches when he says Iraq will have its own GOvt...  He just announced that
US trrops will remain there until the reconstruction is over.  This means
many years!  You think they want to stay there to be freinds with the new
govt?  No way, they stay there to control it.  For Oil.

If Europe was to join your country in this, they would not only try to fight
something that you can't win against, because the harder you will try, the
bigger they will get, but they would also put themselves at risk of getting
attacked.  Don't forget that Europe is the same continent than Middle-east.
We talk about civil wars here.  No country would want to risk a civil war to
support a cowbow like Dubya who clearly seeks to make The Military Complez
happy by attacking one country after another...

Muslims in France may be peaceful, but if there is growing unrest among them,
then they are ripe for radicalization.

JOHN

Why?  Christians in US have grown "unrest among them", they have not become
radicalized...  Well, maybe some, but not the majority.  Your argument is
empty.  It just shows that you think of Muslims as primitive animals
incapable of living in peace and harmony with others.  They are not like
that.  They are no worse, no better that any of us N. Americans.

Terry