 Off-Topic / Debate / 20414
Re: "France is not a Western Country anymore"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 19 Apr 2003 21:27:37 GMT

Show me with the use of facts how we don't have some crazy neo-conservative
empire in the works and I just may listen to you.  Believe me, I want to be
wrong about the direction the country is taking -- but I am almost positive I
am right instead.

Anyway -- bring it, or shut it.

What you are asking for is akin to me asking you to prove that God doesn't
exist.  The facts that you are providing are not causal, but more like
coincidental, and certainly not evidence of conspiratorial.  Bechtel got some
contracts.  Fine.  And there are some connections between Bechtel and some in
the Bush administration.  But what would you expect?  Absolutely *no*
connections?  Some of these politicians came from the business world.  There
are bound to be associations, but it certainly isn't proof of nefarious
behavior.  So maybe there was some croonyism going on-- that sort of thing
happens all of the time.  And even if it did, why aren't the companies
adversely affected by it crying foul?  Why only those who also happen to
despise George W. Bush?

I can't prove to you that conspiracies don't exist anymore then you can prove
they do, at least with the paltry amount of circumstantial evidence you are
able to provide.  The whole exercise is like chasing windmills.  When people
get so into their far out "theories" like "blood for oil" and "bomb Iraq so we
can send in our buddy's companies to rebuild it", it makes me think that they
have their own agendas apart from any truth revelations.

Now, if I were to believe in a conspiracy, I'd wonder why the connections
between Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols and Muslim terrorists wasn't fully
investigated by our government.  Jayna Davis, an Oklahoma reporter, has
produced a *convincing* case linking them to Al Quaeda and Saddam, and that
terrorist attack was waaay back in 1995.  Talk about your smoking gun....

http://www.jaynadavis.com/

JOHN