 Off-Topic / Debate / 20393
Re: "France is not a Western Country anymore"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 19 Apr 2003 03:33:12 GMT

What I found most interesting about it is his addressing the issue of the
growing Muslim population of Europe, especially in France.  In that context,
it is understandable to see the growing rift between countries like France
and the US, and in particular WRT to the existence of the State of Israel.

In the context that the Muslim population is growing in Europe, it might be
interesting, but the article you quote is absolutely venomous about it.
Since you make no mention of it even after me refering to the article as
"drivel" and "trash", I would suspect that you haven't picked up on that
venom in the least.

Oh, the bitterness didn't escape me.  And I never claimed to ascribe to his
view-- I just, as I said in my one word review, found it "interesting".  How
many feel the same as he?  Is it a growing sentiment?  I have no idea.  I
frankly didn't even realize that such sentiments even existed in France.

Consider the article below:

http://www.muslimnews.co.uk/news/news.php?article=4432

"But for Europeans it is local politics. The 15 million Muslims of the
European Union (EU)—up to three times as many as live in the United
States—are becoming a more powerful political force than the fabled Arab
street."

Note how the other article claims that there are 10 million muslims in
France, which leaves 5 million for the rest of the EU (or somebody is making
up numbers).  Also, what is the total population of the EU versus the US?
If the US population is 1/3 of the EU then the proportions would be the same.

There are those who believe that if the current population trends continue,
Europe will either become as Muslim as current Arab states or be headed for
civil war.

What are you driving at here?  You don't mean civil war in any case, you
mean racial or religious war.

That as Europe becomes more and more influenced politically by Muslims, the
rift between the US and Europe will only widen.  The day is coming when modern,
secular European nations are going to find themselves dominated by indigenous
Muslims who follow a religion that has yet to pass through enlightenment.  And
I don't forsee any happy endings.  As far as any conflict goes, I don't see any
difference upon what basis a civil war would be fought-- I was talking about
conflicts *within* European countries such as France or Germany.  Or maybe I
missed your point.

JOHN