 Off-Topic / Debate / 20375
Re: "France is not a Western Country anymore"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 18 Apr 2003 21:17:59 GMT

Interesting:
http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/Printable.asp?ID=6976

JOHN

I had to roll down the window to let out the stink from this one.  Were you
offering it as humor?

So, you offer ridicule in lieu of constructive criticism?

How does posting constructive criticism here get back to the writer of that
trash?  If you wish to quote or paraphrase the parts you think are salient
or you agree with (or disagree with), I can have a discussion about that
with you, but without knowing why you posted the link, I can't offer
anything beyond that it was drivel.  It was a simple hit piece that made a
pretty blatant appeal to racism.  It wasn't even particularly clever,
convincing, or subtle about it, either.

Terry was right not to read the whole thing -

Well, that certainly is his perogative, but then his commenting on it seems
particularily ignorant.  Reminds me of a line from a Steve Martin
song..."Criticize things you don't know about, Be oblong and have your knees
removed."

What were you looking for?  Agreement?  Outrage?  Detailed outrage?  At a
certain point statements can be beneath contempt.  And let me counter with a
line from Bored of the Rings regarding uncritical acceptance: "We are the
chorus and we agree.  We agree, we agree, we agree."

-->Bruce<--