 Off-Topic / Debate / 20413
Re: "France is not a Western Country anymore"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 19 Apr 2003 20:53:04 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Pedro Silva writes:

(To John: a significant number of Muslims has lived in Europe for centuries,
notably in the Balkans. They are not Arabs, and they have little to none
political expression as a lobby in Western Europe. So in fact when you're
referring to Muslims in WE, you are indeed confusing them with the Arab
immigration - and that is dangerously close to racial profiling. I will
however admit this to be unintentional)

That as Europe becomes more and more influenced politically by Muslims, the
rift between the US and Europe will only widen.  The day is coming when
modern, secular European nations are going to find themselves dominated by
indigenous Muslims who follow a religion that has yet to pass through
enlightenment.

("Dominated"???)

To answer your question above, I was referring, as I believe the author of the
article was as well, to Arab immigration and their direct descendants post WWII.

When I said "dominated", I meant in the context of numbers.  The Muslim
population continues to grow throughout Europe as the European population
continues to slide.  At some point in the not-too-distant future, the Muslim
population will be in the majority in terms of a voting lobby.

JOHN