 Off-Topic / Debate / 19248
Re: Dan Rather is a Useful Idiot Extraordinare
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 2003 14:52:38 GMT

**snip of some stuff, including a good reminder about North Korea***

[T]he rest of you can fondly remember MASH if you like. I won't be
participating in the general euphoria about it.

  It should be remembered that one can (or can prefer to) watch a program
without swallowing its "message" hook, line, and sinker, and it would be a
mistake to think that the millions of people who watched MASH even worried
about the conflict on which the series was so (tremendously) loosely based.
If you really want to see garbage based on a hodge-podge revisionist
retelling of the Korean conflict, read the books that gave rise to the film
in the first place.  The series was a satirical sitcom and should be held to
no higher standard than "was it entertaining or not".
  A bigger issue for me is why Klinger sometimes declared himself atheist
and sometimes a muslim, and why Hawkeye was sometimes the only child of a
widower and sometimes had a mom and a sister.

   Dave!