 Off-Topic / Debate / 19178
Re: Dan Rather is a Useful Idiot Extraordinare
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 00:57:59 GMT

You don't need the gun, you shouldn't want the gun, and if your only reason
to have the gun is to "protect society", you're not--you're actually,
statistically, hindering society.

I'm just saying...

The violent crime rate doubled* in Canada and tripled* in the UK after the gun
control laws went into effect.  Yes they are still lower than in the US but
that is beside the point. I do understand your point now, but unless every gun
on the planet was destroyed, statistically those that break the law will always
have them and be more inclined to use them with no threat of opposition.

-Mike Petrucelli

*aproximately