 Off-Topic / Debate / 19198
Re: We love our guns!!-- was Re: Dan Rather is a Useful Idiot Extraordinare
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 16:36:52 GMT

Is this the same
logic used with 'red light cameras cause accidents'?

You're not very good at staying on thread, are you? Nor are you very good at
paying attention. Go dig up the red light threads and reread them before you
blather further.

But assuming you won't, or won't be able to analyse what was said, for your
convenience:

The assertion was that the tendency for goverments to install these cameras
and use them as a revenue source encouraged behaviour by drivers that
actually caused the rate of accidents at particular intersections to go up.
There's a chain of causality there. No one refuted it. We just saw a lot of
flailing around, as I recall.

She's a kid that has a bullet in her because of a snowball fight she wasn't
even in.

Yeah, I'll keep worrying about the safety of your fellow citizens whilst you
keep worrying about your archaic piece of paper and your 'false security'
from your gun.

I'm glad you put 'false security' in quotes. Putting something in quotes is
a  rhetorical device used to show disagreement. Meaning that you assert it's
not false security but *real* security that's provided.

And you're right. No matter whether Joe Sixpack thinks guns are so he can go
kill Bambi and maybe stop a stickup at the 24 hour store, the truth is those
are nice to haves but irrelevant to the intent of our Founding Fathers. That
intent was to provide the check to prevent things like Tien An Min square.

But I bet you didn't mean to actually do that quoting did you?

No matter how many times you prattle about archaic pieces of paper (I've
noted yet another slur against our constitution, thank you very much), you
just can't refute the intent of the founders because you haven't done the
research and aren't capable of thinking it through anyway. Debating you is a
waste of time, really.

By the way do you live in Missisauga?
http://www.nationalreview.com/frum/diary022803.asp