 Off-Topic / Debate / 19183
Re: Dan Rather is a Useful Idiot Extraordinare
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 05:19:51 GMT

If ther are no guns, either in homes or in the streets (read in the hands of
criminals) then there can be no gun related violence.  No hidden meaning, no
fallacy at all.

Tell you what. I'll concede that... if you can *completely* eliminate guns
from the surface of the earth, no one will be killed with guns any more, or
at least not until the aliens come.

But I'll ***only*** concede that in return for a concession on your part,
namely, IF you concede that:

1) there's no way to actually do that, so there will still be some guns

and

2) if there still are some guns, but citizens can't have them, outlaws(1)
will have them more than citizens will.

1 - either civilian thugs or military thugs, depending

Bet you won't admit it though, will you? It shreds your argument completely.
That's not hiding behind old paper, that's not fallacy, that's just the way
the world is. You're a self admitted dreamer, out of touch with reality.

But this is a distraction, it's plowed ground, and it's off topic for this
thread. There is another active thread you can hang your fallacy on (and
your ducking the issue that the second amendment isn't about crime, it isn't
about hunting, it's about the final check and balance we chose to have) if
you want, OK?  I started it just for you.

Please leave it off this one. This one is about Dan Rather being an idiot.
Since everyone seems to agree, we're done, right?