 Off-Topic / Debate / 19247
19246  |  19248
Subject:
What has to be the worst in mug shots...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 2003 14:36:56 GMT

I know that when the police come "a knockin'" that most folks don't have
enuf time to "pretty themselves up"...

But this guy...

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/asiapcf/south/03/03/pakistan.arrests/index.html

Now that has to be the worst pic ever...  And what's with that shirt?

;)

Few things...

Not to be completely facetious (but slight sarcasm to follow...)

Does this mean that Pakistan is now on the 'America's Invasion' Top 10 list?

/end of slight sarcasm

Another thing I have been hearing recently--the backlash against actors
expressing their opinions about the upcoming war.

Editorials, DJ's, political pundits, and others have 'had it' with actors
speaking their POV.  "Rally against Martin Sheen for his commercial that is
coming out against the war," is the battlecry.

I may not have appreciated Sean Penn making a trip to Iraq for a "fact
finding" mission, but then again, I'm not Sean Penn.

Bruce Willis, Arnold, and Jean Claude are 'pro war'--but I'm not going to
stop liking their movies (well, except for Jean Claude, but that has nothing
to do with his stance on the war... ;) (1) )

Where's that line that says that "These people" over here are entitled to
express their opinion about the war, but that "Those people" are not allowed
to express their opinion?

What gives the political hacks (in the form of editotials/articles or
political shows a la "Crossfire") the right to firmly state their position
on the issues between America and Iraq and then in the next breath admonish
the entertainment industry for doing the same?

Dave K

1 - to be said, I did like 'TimeCop', but not much else--my friends *love*
'Bloodsport, and the like, but me--well not so much.