 Local / United States / California / San Francisco / *1871 (-100)
  Bridge

Hi all, I just saw a TV show about different world bridges and one of them caught my eye - no, not either one of your two "big bridges"! :-) The bridge in question is a drawbridge, said to have been designed by the same engineer as the Golden Gate. (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jul-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Live feed for Napa Police & Fire

There's a new site up with a live feed of Napa Police & Fire frequencies. There's also a chat area for people to talk about what they hear and/or other Napa related discussion. The site is at: (URL) DON'T PAY MORE FOR WEB HOSTING THAN WHAT YOU WANT (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  RE: Coming Baylug events

Hi Wayne, Yes, the next baylug meeting is in 2 weeks on Sun. June 30. There is a baylug meeting in Fremont every other month or so, sometimes monthly. Checkout Baylug at: (URL) and the meeting/events calendar at: (URL) I'd say the Baylug/bayltc (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac, lugnet.loc.us.nv.ren)

  Re: N. California Sites/Events?

Hi Wayne, The northern California hotbed of LEGO activity is the Bay Area-- BayLug actually meets fairly regularly (I think down in Fremont). Otherwise it is pretty dead up here, although a while back someone from the Reno area was looking for (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac, lugnet.loc.us.nv.ren)

  Re: Spamcake Diner

(...) Ah, not to be confused with Brickley in the UK... (URL) are there plans to expand the franchise into the UK? The restaurants might have to be accommodated in existing buildings due to strict planning restrictions imposed by the local council (...) (22 years ago, 30-May-02, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Spamcake Diner

(...) Hehe .. thanks. (...) I forget, but it's been available in a few sets. IIRC, the last theme to supply this tile was Space Port. No doubt somebody will correct me if I'm wrong. -Tom McD. when replying, crystalline spamcake was often used a prop (...) (22 years ago, 30-May-02, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Spamcake Diner

Another spamchise will be opening soon in Brickland (or perhaps Brickeley), across the bay from San Brickcisco Paul Sinasohn wanna-be instructions tester LUGNET #115 (22 years ago, 30-May-02, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Spamcake Diner

Great! Awesome job! My wife stopped cooking dinner and said we were going out to eat there! What set did the 1x2 tile on the right of the pinball machine come from? I love the details, very original, thanks for sharing your creativity. Jean-Marc (...) (22 years ago, 29-May-02, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains)

  BayLTC confirmed for GATS!

BayLTC, the Bay Area LEGO Train Club, is pleased to announce that today we received confirmation for our layout to be displayed at the Great American Train Show. Show Details: August 10-11, 2002 Cow Palace, Daly City, CA Show Hours: 11am to 5pm, (...) (22 years ago, 29-May-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains)

  Spamcake Diner

Greetings Spamcake Consumers! It's been awhile in the making, but I finally have a decent page up for the Spamcake Diner. It has a few new pictures, and I might add a few more. Bookmark and feel free to visit (URL) and criticisms are of course (...) (22 years ago, 24-May-02, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.announce, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.publish.html) !!

  Who's that other Diablo 2 fan?

I apologize for not remembering your name. We discussed meeting up on B.net sometime and playing with the vets. My e-mail address is: xenobuzz@earthlink.net My B.net account is *xenobuzz. E-mail me (or message me if you happen to be on) so that we (...) (22 years ago, 19-May-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Roger, I apologize on behalf of the group

Hey all, I didn't hear about this incident until the meeting was almost over. Apparently Roger Rothaar was asked to consolidate/move/compress his display of sets for sale in order to make room for someone else's stuff. Roger was so upset that he (...) (22 years ago, 19-May-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Got plates?

Hi, We've got lots of the blue 4x8s, but only 1 white 6x6. Will bring them tomorrow if you bring modules! Or even if you don't. Got any trans light blue clear 2x3 panels you can spare? m (...) (22 years ago, 18-May-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Got plates?

Hello all. I am looking for the following plates: (5) white 6x6 (8) blue 4x8 If anyone coming to the meeting tomorrow wants to bring them for me, I would appreciate it. I'm not bringing much to trade, but I will pay cash for them, or I can trade (...) (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Anyone need a ride from El Cerrito/Albany/Berkeley?

I have a little two-door sports car that doesn't have a lot of storage space, but I'd happy to give someone a lift on Saturday if there's a need. I could pick you up at El Cerrito Plaza BART or something. Dave (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: [BayLUG-Announce] REMINDER: next BayLUG meeting

There are no real criteria. The criteria on the web page was a sample of possibilities to get people started. -- Russell Clark Co-Founder, BayLTC/BayLUG Member Representative, ILTCO (URL) 39423705; AIM/Yahoo: Russell844 (...) (22 years ago, 6-May-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Re: REMINDER: next BayLUG meeting

Sorry. I forgot to say that the date of the meeting is Saturday, May 18, 2002. -- Russell Clark Co-Founder, BayLTC/BayLUG Member Representative, ILTCO (URL) 39423705; AIM/Yahoo: Russell844 (...) (22 years ago, 6-May-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  REMINDER: next BayLUG meeting

This is a reminder of the next BayLUG meeting. The meeting will take place at the Fremont Library in the Fukaya Room. The meeting hours are: members only from 10-1, and open to the public from 1-4. At 1pm we will be holding a train car building (...) (22 years ago, 6-May-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Re: Today's my wedding day!

(...) Congrats.... And Goodluck with your honeymoon.... G,D,R Benjamin Medinets (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Today's my wedding day!

Hey folks! You probably didn't even know I was engaged! Nancy and I will be tying the knot at City Hall in SF at noon. Then we'll spend a blissfull four-day weekend in the city in this great little art deco motel we found out near the zoo. When I (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: [BayLTC-GATS] In the bay area next week

(...) Chicken butt! (...) I'm free Monday evening. I think dinner, maybe at a pizza place, would be great. (...) Count me in. (...) Arrgh!!!! (...) Its been cool lately, but then its California, so you never know. -- Russell Clark Co-Founder, (...) (22 years ago, 19-Apr-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  In the bay area next week!`

Hi gang. Guess what? I have to go to SF for a customer meeting next week! (monday 22 april and tuesday 23 april 2002) Unfortunately it's only a one day thingy but I will be (if the plan holds together) flying in on Monday around noonish and will (...) (22 years ago, 19-Apr-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: ALOF Visits The US

Hello Avi! BayLUG will be holding our next meeting on Saturday, May 18 at 10am. You are welcome to join us. More info is at (URL) I don't know of any other LEGO activities in our area in May. I haven't done much shopping in stores lately, but I'm (...) (22 years ago, 18-Apr-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.sj, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  ALOF Visits The US

Hello, My name is Avi Parvin, Lugnet member 1429, and I’ll be visiting the Bay Area during the month of May. Can you please recommend me about Lego activities, where to see and where to buy? Thanks in advance, Avi Parvin (22 years ago, 18-Apr-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.sj, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Need LOTS of trans-orange flames!

Hey all, My little Burning Hell diorama has been expanded and I suddenly find myself short of trans-orange flames, something I thought would never happen (don't they seem to be EVERYWHERE?!). Anyway, I need about 50-75 more. Anyone who has some to (...) (22 years ago, 25-Mar-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  next BayLUG building contest

This has been on the BayLUG website for a week, so it is time to make the official announcement. Below is the text from the website: We will once again be holding a LEGO® building contest. The theme for this meeting is the Creative Train Car (...) (22 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Re: building contest for the next BayLUG meeting

No...let's try best under-100 MOC using only Blue and Gold, contest open only to Cal Grads Paul Sinasohn '80 (...) (22 years ago, 26-Feb-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Re: My Sante Fe 10020

(...) Thanks. Bear with me, I'm kinda new to all this train stuff. I dabbled in HO as a kid, and am only recently getting interested in LEGO trains. (...) Well I guess I don't get out much then :-/ --Bill. XFUT: back to lugnet.trains (22 years ago, 26-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: My Sante Fe 10020

(...) They can run steady, or flash also... (...) Odd, & eliminates a turntable... Josh (22 years ago, 26-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: My Sante Fe 10020

(...) The lower 2 non centered of the three non oscillating lights are called "ditch" lights. (...) This is almost completely standard commuter train practice, it's called "push pull" operation. SEMTA, SEPTA, MTA, CTA, Metro North, you name it, they (...) (22 years ago, 26-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: My Sante Fe 10020

(...) Well, the Caltrain commuter rail that runs between San Jose and San Francisco uses only clear (white) lights on the front of the train, and red on the rear. One of the lights (the uppermost one, IIRC) oscillates; the others (two or three, I (...) (22 years ago, 26-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: building contest for the next BayLUG meeting

Hi, Sounds fine to me, I wanted to enter my grey gondola car in the under 100 pieces contest (it incredibly has only about 90) but forgot to. We could also do TWO (WOW!) contests EACH meeting maybe, can you stand it? Trains AND spaceships (OOOHHH!) (...) (22 years ago, 23-Feb-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Re: [BayLUG-org] building contest for the next BayLUG meeting

I'm a little nervous about tying the contest to a particular theme, because not everybody is interested in trains. I suspect you'd have a similar reaction to a contest for building a spacecraft.... But let's go with this idea and see what the (...) (22 years ago, 22-Feb-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  building contest for the next BayLUG meeting

I propose that the building contest for the next BayLUG meeting be a train car design contest. It should be a free-for-all with no design limitations. We can run all the cars around some track to see what they do, if anything, and then we can vote (...) (22 years ago, 22-Feb-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  My Last Plea for BricksWest Help

Like everyone else here, I *really* wanna go to BricksWest. But after spending two months out of work last fall (and then taking a 10% pay cut), and just getting through the Xmas season, money is very tight. I just can't go to BricksWest unless I (...) (22 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Re: BayLUG newspaper article in Santa Rosa Press-Democrat

Thanks Russell; I did manage to get a copy of the Palo Alto version of the SJMercury News to put in the kids' scrapbook. -paul (...) (22 years ago, 9-Feb-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Re: Breaking radio silence...

In lugnet.trains, Josh Baakko writes: <snip> (...) (URL) 8-) (22 years ago, 9-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Beg, Borrow or Buy BURPs!!

Hi, Having expanded THE MOUNTAIN from 2 to 3 baseplates, we used about 50 BURPS so far and it is almost (~80%) done. Of course, we are out of burps now as well. So...if you all could spare just one (plastic) BURP each, we would sure appreciate it. (...) (22 years ago, 7-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  next BayLUG meeting

Hello everyone. This is a reminder about the next Bay Area LEGO Users Group meeting. It will take place once again at the Fremont Main Library, Fukaya room, Sunday, February 10, 2002. This is a Sunday meeting, so the hours are shorter this time. The (...) (22 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Rideshare and Roommates wanted for BricksWest

If I'm to attend BricksWest I will need to cut the costs. Would anyone from the Bay Area who's driving down like to carpool with me? I'll pay my share of the gas money and drive as much of the trip as you want. Also, once we're down there, I'm (...) (22 years ago, 4-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: BayLUG newspaper article in Santa Rosa Press-Democrat

I called the Santa Rosa Press-Democrat and ordered two individual papers. It costs $8.60 to mail them because of special handling. Hey Paul, maybe this paper will have your paragraph in it that was dropped from the San Jose Mercury News print (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  BayLUG newspaper article in Santa Rosa Press-Democrat

At our last meeting, a reporter from the San Jose Mercury News interviewed a bunch of us (including me) and a photographer took pictures, and a very nice article appeared in the next day's (Sunday) paper. The local Fremont newspaper, the Argus, also (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jan-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  RE: BayLUG January pics now on my website (and Brickshelf too)

Thanks, we like it too. Its about 16 studs in diameter. Stole the roof idea from the pic of another one I found online, but don't remember where. Building the curved tank with brown log 1x2s and 1x cylinders was a bit of a challenge. Height designed (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Re: BayLUG January pics now on my website (and Brickshelf too)

(...) I am digging that water tower. Looks about the right size too. Mine always come out too big. Jonathan (22 years ago, 30-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Re: BayLUG January pics now on my website (and Brickshelf too)

Nice pictures Bill! The tall palm tree & fortress were my sons' (Stephen, Zach and Nate). The blacktron vehicle was mine. -paul (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Re: Snow on them thar hills!

(...) None that I can see. It was very clear and I could see the hills easily, but the only white stuff I saw was buildings. My parents claim they had snow in their field yesterday morning. They live about 3 miles up the road from me, but they might (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Snow on them thar hills!

(...) Check this morning, it's much clearer! The hills directly across from me are barish, but the moon is about to set behind them so it still looks cool. But the hills to the north toward Lake Berryessa are WHITE. You must be seeing some snow (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Snow on them thar hills!

(...) We just got some hail (little pea sized ones), but still no snow. :-( (22 years ago, 29-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Snow on them thar hills!

Maggie Cambron wrote in message ... (...) We (...) tHANKS, BUT WE HAVE ENOUGH SNOW ALREADY HERE (vANCOUVER bc) WTHOUT LOOKING AT YOURS TOO! (oops, caps lock!) I couldn't get home from the Lego meeting on Friday because of the snow, had to go camp on (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Snow on them thar hills!

(...) How can you even see hills? It's nothing but clouds here in Napa. (22 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Snow on them thar hills!

(...) SoCal has snow, too. Just a few miles from me, the glorious San Gabriel mountains are covered in a blanket of snow. Okay, several thousand feet up, but good old Mt. San Antonio (Mt. Baldy) is just gorgeous this morning. Bruce (22 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Snow on them thar hills!

Hey, if you're just getting up, look out the window at the hills-- snow! We have some on our fenceposts and on the roof of the old VW beetle in our backyard. There's also quite a bit on the hills across the valley from us (separating our valley from (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: April Meeting Place Needed!

(...) What about Sundays? Also, I'd suggest grabbing May 4 while it's still available. (...) A lot of places have rules against buying and selling stuff, so no Uncle Dan. Mountain View's got a nice room, but no commercial activity is allowed. (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Re: April Meeting Place Needed!

How about a couple of Sundays? -- Russell Clark Co-Founder, BayLTC/BayLUG Member Representative, ILTCO (URL) 39423705; AIM/Yahoo: Russell844 (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  April Meeting Place Needed!

Hi All, Just a note to LYK that our favorite watering hole, the Fukaya Room at the Fremont Library is booked solid on Saturdays through May 4. Anybody got an alternate site? Maybe Milpitas? It would be nice to have one so we could let any reporters (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: This Month's Contest: Alternate model under $10

I've cooked one up that I think looks pretty good. It's been fun to have something small to tinker with, makes it a lot easier to concentrate on using the limited number of pieces in many different configurations. The Cloud Car is by far the best (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Target Lies and Great Buys!

(...) Nice sluething, I guess we are all spaced out enough that we don't run into each other. I work in Pleasanton so I will usually hit the Targets up along the 680 corridor on my way home from work if I don't take my normal route along the back (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Target Lies and Great Buys!

(...) Call it LEGO intuition. (...) 'Course, if you ran into me you'd probably just assume I was one of those clearance moms! Maggie (22 years ago, 19-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Target Lies and Great Buys!

(...) Well, Richard is in Hayward, Maggie is up north in Vacaville or Vallejo, and I'm in Oakland. And we've never run into you in the stores. Paul (22 years ago, 19-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Another PCC attempt and 6w engine.

(...) Josh (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Target Lies and Great Buys!

(...) But if Novato is on the same "side" of the bay as him, that would imply on or above the Carquinez Bridge Paul Sinasohn (22 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Another PCC attempt and 6w engine.

Mike Knuepfel wrote in message ... (...) (URL)that has been restored to run on Market Street right here in San Francisco (...) That's looking very nice, Mike! I like the center doors with the texturing particularly. If you could get a red 1x4x2 (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Target update: Redwood City CA

In lugnet.market.shopping, Rick Clark writes: <snip> (...) I agree with the "more track" comment, but when will Lego start offering cheap housing so I can find room for my Layout?? :o) Dave (22 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Target update: Redwood City CA

(...) I *still* haven't got more track for my one little 9V oval, and I'm now in a 2200sq. ft. house with a room with a nice bare 14'x15' hardwood floor. The room is actually about 14'x40', but the dining room and the kitchen take up part of it. :-) (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains)

  Another PCC attempt and 6w engine.

Hello everyone! I've recently updated my brickshelf gallery with some new MOCs of mine. I've been working had to improve on my previous attempt at a PCC-type streetcar. One inspired by the one here, (URL) has been restored to run on Market Street (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Target update: Redwood City CA

(...) Perhaps... (...) I don't have room in my 600 square foot house for more track. That loop will have to do me for a while. --Bill. (22 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Target update: Redwood City CA

Welcome to the wonderful world of trains! $79 is a very fair price for the set, especially if you need the speed controller. We'll look forward to seeing you and your newly-themed MOCs on lugnet.trains! (BTW, you'll want some more track ASAP. That (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: This Month's Contest: Alternate model under $10

(...) I've been working on a Cloud Car alternate model, and it's not as easy as it looks... there are a lot of great pieces but not enough basic pieces (bricks and plates) to make much of anything that doesn't look a lot like a Cloud Car... :-( At (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Target update: Redwood City CA

I visited the Redwood City Target today, and they are still at 50% off, and all they have left (that I could find anyway) is the Arctic value packs. I bought one of them at $4.90, but they have a large stack of maybe 30 or so of them on an end (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Re: Trains (and other stuff) found at Target!

(...) Amen to that one.. note that I didn't say anything about Decatur until I had all I could handle (like three trips worth). After my original visit, I even emailed the original poster, thanked him for the tip, then mentioned that I would be (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Trains (and other stuff) found at Target!

(...) I think that theory is correct....I don't know how many other lurkers are in my area, but I am sure there are a few, and I certainly don't want to compete with them for discounts, when available.... Benjamin Medinets (22 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Trains (and other stuff) found at Target!

(...) Was that a Manas set? I had seen several a week or two earlier that were slightly discounted, but didn't really feel I *needed* to spend the money (money's tight since moving into my new house). I was there a few days ago and dug around (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Trains (and other stuff) found at Target!

(...) Remember... don't post and go back. Buy. Then post. There are lurkers on LUGNET who swoop in and buy when they see things posted in their area. That's my theory anyway. (22 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Trains (and other stuff) found at Target!

Someone came into the Target Walnut Creek after I posted about the 7317s and bought about 30 of them...there were only about 6 left last night. All the small LOM trios are gone, and there are now about 12 Arctic combos and 6 Doird Escapes left. (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Trains (and other stuff) found at Target!

(...) Auughhhhh..... you bay area folks are vultures! That explains the goodies I had my eye on disappearing. I suppose it was only a matter of time before you spread out over the Carquinez Bridge. Maggie C. (feeling surprisingly territorial for a (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Legoland and other Tix

Hi, Lockheed has discounts on tickets for Legoland and otherSan Diego (and LA) area attrractions. So if you're going to Brickswest and want more time at the park or spouse or whatever, LMK if anyone wants some. I don't know off hand if these are (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Trains (and other stuff) found at Target!

Hi, We found two 4561s Railway Express' at the Vallejo Target! YAY (among other things) Unfortunately, they were still only 30% off (last week). But bought them both for two reasons: 1) They were on sale and still there 2) I was not likely to be (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  BayLUG January pics now on my website (and Brickshelf too)

You can see them at: (URL) if you prefer Brickshelf: (URL) review the captions on my page and let me know if you know of any errors. I didn't know who made several of the models so I was unable to give proper credit... --Bill. (22 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  50% in Walnut Creek, CA [was: 50% at Target in San Ramon, CA ]

I hate to follow my own post, but... As of this morning (1/12/02, 11 am Pacific Time) the Walnut Creek, CA Target had these sets at 50%: 7317 Aero Tube hanger - $39.40 at least 36. 6569 Arctic duo $4.90 at least 12 7106 Droid Escape $3.40 at least (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Re: 50% in San Ramon, CA [was: 50% at Target in Mountain View, CA ]

(...) Oops... yes, San Ramon had some Blaster (in box) RorboRiders and Mosasaurusesessesses's ;-) Did I mention that jack Stone was 50% off? (...) Yes, I wish I wish I wish I wish Larry had told me about the 3313 deal he arrangaed for last year. I (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Re: 50% in San Ramon, CA [was: 50% at Target in Mountain View, CA ]

(...) That's pretty much the picture at the Targets I've visited in Redwood City and San Mateo. San Mateo had some RoboRiders, which I thought had been gone for a long time. Also I've seen some of the Dinosaurs for 50% off. The soccer sets (not the (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  50% in San Ramon, CA [was: 50% at Target in Mountain View, CA ]

(...) San Ramon, CA - 680 @ Bollinger Canyon Road 50% level on most clearance items, including Jack Stone Dozens of Soccer (7.40) & Mars (3.90) value sets. Couple dozen Droid Escape (3.40) several each of 7316 and 7315 (Mars sets) dozen of 3410 (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  50% at Target in Mountain View, CA [was: 50% at Target in Richmond, VA]

(...) I saw much the same today in Mountain View, CA, except for some slight differences in which sets were marked down. 50% off, no trains. --Bill. (22 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Re: What is a "review"?

(...) I know I'm jumping late, but this whole thing reminded me of an incident concerning an arts critic for one of the big two San Francisco papers a few years back. He wrote a review of the opening night performance of a play or ballet or (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jan-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: This Month's Contest: Alternate model under $10

A survey of the new catalog shows the clear winner in the parts-per-dollar metric: #7119 Twin-Pod Cloud Car, 117 pieces for $9.99. Then again, with all the die-hard train fans, maybe I should enter something based on #4519! :) (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: BayLUG in the San Jose Mercury News!

(...) That is odd. When I get home tonight I'll double-check. It's possible, I suppose, that I was remembering seeing it on the Web edition. --Bill. (22 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: BayLUG in the San Jose Mercury News!

(...) This is strange. The Peninsula edition I bought in Campbell does not have "Gyugyi" in it. It stops at Petersen. -- Russell Clark Co-Founder, BayLTC/BayLUG Member Representative, ILTCO (URL) 39423705; AIM/Yahoo: Russell844 (22 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  This Month's Contest: Alternate model under $10

We only have a few weeks to work on our entries for this month's BayLUG contest. For those of you who missed it, the theme is "best alternate model of a LEGO set priced under $10". And no, you can't use a Podracer bucket just because you bought it (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: BayLUG in the San Jose Mercury News!

(...) You're in the Peninsula edition. I bought mine in Mountain View, and it appears to be identical to the web version (plus the B/W photos). Strange that they have so many variations in different regions... --Bill. (22 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: BayLUG in the San Jose Mercury News!

Paul Gyugyi wrote: [snip] (...) [snip] No, the East Bay papers don't. People mentioned in the Fremont/Newark/Union City edition of the Mercury News: Eric McCarthy Roger Rothaar Russell Clark Bill Ward David Wegmuller Elaine Petersen People (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: BayLUG in the San Jose Mercury News!

My kids and I are mentioned in the on-line edition, but not in the edition we get in Sunnyvale. :( But it was really cool to see the group hit the big-time press! Does the east bay or Peninsula editions have "Gyugyi" mentioned in the last paragraph? (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: BayLUG in the San Jose Mercury News!

We are also in the Fremont Argus: (URL) Clark Co-Founder, BayLTC/BayLUG Member Representative, ILTCO (URL) 39423705; AIM/Yahoo: Russell844 (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: BayLUG in the San Jose Mercury News!

(...) The Peninsula edition had both photos, but both were B/W. --Bill. (22 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: BayLUG in the San Jose Mercury News!

Also front page of East Bay section. Color picture of dragon train, and on second page, black and white of people digging in Dan's parts piles. Mark (...) (URL) (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.mediawatch)

  BayLUG in the San Jose Mercury News!

At yesterday's Bay Area Lego User's Group meeting in Fremont, CA we were interviewed by a reporter from the San Jose Mercury News. And in today's newspaper, there's a very nice article with the headline "Ready, set, Lego: Aficionados gather to share (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Best Buy Mindstorms - no dice

I don't know when you called, but I was able to pick up a RIS 2.0 at the Pleasant Hill Store on Friday. It was a fantastic buy at 64.50. I went there in the early evening hours around 4:00 PM. (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Reminder: 100 piece MOC contest at the next meeting!

As you may recall at the last BayLUG meeting we agreed to hold a contest for the January meeting. I want to remind you that there's still time to build your entry, and to let you know more about the contest: WHO: All members of BayLUG are welcome to (...) (22 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Target update

"Bert Waters" <lhwaters@hsc.vcu.edu> wrote in message news:Gp3746.62n@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) Railway (...) 65$ (...) cost. (...) available. (...) have (...) week. (...) It is unlikely (IMHO) that you will see 50% off or 75% off at (...) (22 years ago, 29-Dec-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Target update

(...) I plan to visit the local Target the next few days to check the 4561 Railway Express as often as possible for a 50% or 70% discount. I bought one at 65$ plus shipping last summer and was satisfied with the purchase at that cost. If the cost (...) (22 years ago, 29-Dec-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Target update

"Ray Sanders" <rsanders@svic.net> wrote in message news:Gp30JK.FFv@lugnet.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) not (...) door (...) the (...) grabbing (...) the am (...) the (...) Two years ago it seemed that all of the Target stores reduced (...) (22 years ago, 29-Dec-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact