 Organizations / United States / BayLUG / 318
317  |  319
Subject:
Beg, Borrow or Buy BURPs!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 02:45:10 GMT

Hi,

Having expanded THE MOUNTAIN from 2 to 3 baseplates, we
used about 50 BURPS so far and it is almost (~80%) done. Of
course, we are out of burps now as well.

So...if you all could spare just one (plastic) BURP each,
we would sure appreciate it. Almost any color and/or size
is fine, even blue!, but no tan ones please. I would guess
we could use another dozen or so.

We could also use any spare light or dark gray/grey bricks
equal to or smaller than 2x3s (2x3, 1x3, 2x2, 1x2, 1x1 or
"L") you have around to make the outside more diverse. You
can see an older picture of the mountain at about 25%
complete at:
http://www.baylug.org/fests/2002-01/AUT_9790.JPG
to see what the small bricks are used for (To cover the
huge burp single-colored flat surfaces!).

Today, THE MOUNTAIN features:
TWO train tunnels, one switchable for either straight
through or curved
ONE Mountain Climber
A glacier-fed lake and river with waterfall (waterfall is
there, lake to come soon!)
Glacier with skier and maybe ski lift (to be built)
GOLD Mine with small ore car
Ancient fish pretroglyphs by the river
Vegetation
All on 3 10x10 baseplates!