 Organizations / United States / BayLUG / 296
Re: This Month's Contest: Alternate model under $10
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 07:25:44 GMT

A survey of the new catalog shows the clear winner in the
parts-per-dollar metric: #7119 Twin-Pod Cloud Car, 117 pieces for
$9.99.

Then again, with all the die-hard train fans, maybe I should enter
something based on #4519! :)

In lugnet.org.us.baylug, William R. Ward writes:

We only have a few weeks to work on our entries for this month's
BayLUG contest.  For those of you who missed it, the theme is "best
alternate model of a LEGO set priced under $10".  And no, you can't
use a Podracer bucket just because you bought it for $10 - the MSRP
must be under $10.

Someone said they were bringing a prize, but I didn't catch who it was
or what the prize would be.

So bring your Alternate Model contest entries, along with your plans
for BricksWest, to the meeting on Sunday, February 11...

--Bill.