 Marketplace / Shopping / 8657
Re: Best Buy Mindstorms - no dice
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Wed, 2 Jan 2002 23:10:06 GMT

I don't know when you called, but I was able to pick up a RIS 2.0 at the
Pleasant Hill Store on Friday.  It was a fantastic buy at 64.50.  I went
there in the early evening hours around 4:00 PM.

In lugnet.market.shopping, William R. Ward writes:

I've called all of the Best Buy stores in the Bay Area, and a couple
in Pennsylvania in the hopes that my brother-in-law could pick it up
for me.  But all of them are all sold out of Lego Mindstorms.

If you have a Best Buy in your area that still has some left, snatch
it up quick, but I wouldn't be too optimistic about there being any.
Apparently the entire chain has stopped carrying toys and have closed
out the entire department.  The "Media" (computer games, CD's, video
tapes, etc.) department is the one responsible, but all the people
I've spoken to say that they're sold out of Lego.

The stores I checked with are:

E. Palo Alto Ca (Store #185)
Milpitas Ca (Store #142)
San Carlos Ca (Store #140)