 Trains / 15379
Re: My Sante Fe 10020
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 01:46:45 GMT

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> writes:
In lugnet.trains, William R. Ward writes:
Well, the Caltrain commuter rail that runs between San Jose and San
Francisco uses only clear (white) lights on the front of the train,
and red on the rear.  One of the lights (the uppermost one, IIRC)
oscillates; the others (two or three, I forget) are steady.  All are
very bright.

The lower 2 non centered of the three non oscillating lights are called
"ditch" lights.

Thanks.  Bear with me, I'm kinda new to all this train stuff.  I
dabbled in HO as a kid, and am only recently getting interested in
LEGO trains.

Caltrain is a little weird because the locos always face San Jose,
regardless of the direction of travel.

This is almost completely standard commuter train practice, it's called
"push pull" operation. SEMTA, SEPTA, MTA, CTA, Metro North, you name it,
they all do it.

Well I guess I don't get out much then :-/

--Bill.

XFUT: back to lugnet.trains