 Trains / 15313
Re: My Sante Fe 10020
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 17:35:24 GMT

I am a purist in a sense, but I dislike Lego stickers all together.  I had
to put some on this model, but I wanted to be "different".  I still have my
limited edition. numbers intact in the original packaging.  I hacked up the
ones that came with the engine (301 and 27).  And if that still dousn't ease
your mind, then I have another 10020 still in the box (less the limited
numbers - which I had to take out to see what number it was).

-Rob

"Kurt Eilers" <keilers@qwest.net> wrote in message
Rob - That is a great idea. However, will you still be able to keep the • original
number in tact? As a reforming purist, this makes me a touch edgy. When • mine
arrive they will be built in due time and retain their markings. My • thought was
to do it this way so my kids can enjoy the rich history of this engine and • Lego
Rail.

- Kurt

Rob Hendrix wrote:

I will not be taking my numbers out of their packaging, and I didn't • want to
have the same numbers on my engine as everyone else (301 or 27).  Here • is
what I came up with after doing a little cutting on the stickers from • the
10020:

http://www.cei.net/~rhendrix/images/SF377.jpg

I guess thats one way of getting my membership number on a SF!

-Rob