 Trains / 15348
Re: My Sante Fe 10020
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 19:09:05 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Christopher Tracey writes:

Tony H said:
What would be prototypical?  Is the upper one a steady light and the lower
an oscillating one?

Actually, I believe the reverse is protptypical.  top=oscillating
lower=steady

That squares with my recollection. For whatever reason, the oscillating ones
(which were designed to increase safety at grade crossings, IIRC) were
sometimes called "Mars" lights. No idea why.

++Lar (who is kind of amazed at the trivia he's been able to dredge up lately)