 Trains / 15347
Re: Is the word out? (Was Re: 10020 Registry opinion)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 18:47:04 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Ahui Herrera writes:
I agree with the rest of the people that have posted that the registry is a
good idea but I wonder how many sets are NOT going to get 'registered'
because a) people don't know about it (parent's who buy it for the kids,
non-lego train collectors, non-internet lego/nonlego users.

Has anyone though/asked/commented to lego on getting them to run the
registry instead?  I know this was discussed at Brickswest to a certain
point but don't think anything became of it.  If we trully want the registry
to become sucessful and hopefully one day have all 10,000 units then we are
going to need to have it on a) lego's website or b) have lego write the url
on their catalog so that everyone knows where to go.

My 2Cents...
-AHui

In hindsight:
Too bad LEGO(R) didn't include a "registration card" in the Super Chief box
to be sent back to LEGO for such a documentation record.

But, perhaps LEGO already thought of this and deemed it too much work to
keep track of registrations of the SC.?? Or, maybe this is an invasion of
privacy issue if LEGO keeps such records?  But, the return card would be
voluntary.
Dunno.

Good 2Cents, AHui, for what to do to reach as many folks as possible who by
the SC.

later,
James Mathis