 Trains / 15352
Re: Is the word out? (Was Re: 10020 Registry opinion)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 20:11:08 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Ahui Herrera writes:
I agree with the rest of the people that have posted that the registry is a
good idea but I wonder how many sets are NOT going to get 'registered'
because a) people don't know about it (parent's who buy it for the kids,
non-lego train collectors, non-internet lego/nonlego users.

Has anyone though/asked/commented to lego on getting them to run the
registry instead?  I know this was discussed at Brickswest to a certain
point but don't think anything became of it.  If we trully want the registry
to become sucessful and hopefully one day have all 10,000 units then we are
going to need to have it on a) lego's website or b) have lego write the url
on their catalog so that everyone knows where to go.

My 2Cents...
-AHui

Well if anything the SF registry will show us that we ("LUGNET members") are
quite the minority in the LEGO market. I doubt we'd ever come close to
having all 10,000 listed. I'd be surprised if we ever broke 2,000.

And like you stated, a lot of the buyers might not be internet active, so it
really doesn't matter where you put a link to the registry.

The idea was really just to track those trains bought by the LUGNET and
R.T.L. community, thats really all I think we can hope for.

Remember it's just for fun any how, and it keeps down a bunch of "here is my
number" post off of LUGNET :)

jt