 Marketplace / Shopping / 8640
Re: Target update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Sat, 29 Dec 2001 04:47:46 GMT

"Bert Waters" <lhwaters@hsc.vcu.edu> wrote in message

[ ... snipped ... ]

I plan to visit the local Target the next few days to check the 4561 • Railway
Express as often as possible for a 50% or 70% discount. I bought one at • 65$
plus shipping last summer and was satisfied with the purchase at that • cost.
If the cost were at a 70% discount I would purchase all of the sets • available.
I am also eyeing a dozen blue base plates at the local Zany Brainy that • have
been marked at 5.99$ all year and I hope they go on deep discount next • week.
I just wish when I walk into a toy store next year there will be new sets
that I drool over. This didn't happen this year. I remember ten years ago
when I was amazed by the Lego Isle at Toys R' Us. Oh well, (sigh)

Bert Waters

It is unlikely (IMHO) that you will see 50% off or 75% off at Target in the
next few days.  I would guess we will see 50% off next Wednesday (or there
abouts) and then 75% off two weeks after that.

I still have four copies of 4561 that I picked up at Target a year ago at
50% off.  I have been meaning to part them out but never got to it.  I'll
probably buy a couple more at 50% off (if I can find any) and as many as I
can find (which last year was a grand total of exactly one) at 75% off.

Mike

http://www.nclug.net - North Carolina LEGO Users Group
http://www.carolinatrainbuilders - Carolina Train Builders
http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?u=mpw - Brick Depot