 Marketplace / Shopping / 8639
Re: Target update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Sat, 29 Dec 2001 04:00:06 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Mike Walsh writes:

"Ray Sanders" <rsanders@svic.net> wrote in message
In lugnet.market.shopping, William R. Ward writes:

[ ... snipped ... ]

Be careful about that 8am bit. One Target that I hit fairly regularly (but • not
all that close) cost me a bit of sleep several times trying to hit the 8am • door
opener. One day last summer, I just happened to be passing by (middle of • the
afternoon) and found myself following the re-pricing crew by 5 mins and • grabbing
a fair amount of stuff just sitting there are the deep discount.

So the moral seems to be: not all stores do the repricing first thing in • the am
when the door opens. You might be there at 8am, and find it repriced later • the
same day.

Ray

Two years ago it seemed that all of the Target stores reduced their prices
in sync.  Last year it seemed to be all over the map and sets on clearance
at one store would be regular price at another.  It also seemed to me that
my local Target changed their clearance prices on Thursday instead of
Wednesday.

Rule of thumb:  Check early and check often.  Unfortunately it seems as
though our local Target stores won't have much for the next round of
clearance as much of it has been gobbled up at 30% off already.

Mike

http://www.nclug.net - North Carolina LEGO Users Group
http://www.carolinatrainbuilders - Carolina Train Builders
http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?u=mpw - Brick Depot

I plan to visit the local Target the next few days to check the 4561 Railway
Express as often as possible for a 50% or 70% discount. I bought one at 65$
plus shipping last summer and was satisfied with the purchase at that cost.
If the cost were at a 70% discount I would purchase all of the sets available.
I am also eyeing a dozen blue base plates at the local Zany Brainy that have
been marked at 5.99$ all year and I hope they go on deep discount next week.
I just wish when I walk into a toy store next year there will be new sets
that I drool over. This didn't happen this year. I remember ten years ago
when I was amazed by the Lego Isle at Toys R' Us. Oh well, (sigh)

Bert Waters