 Marketplace / Shopping / 8635
Re: Target update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Sat, 29 Dec 2001 01:38:08 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, William R. Ward writes:

My local Target (Mountain View) still has many Lego sets on 30%-off
clearance.  But be careful - many sets are still full price.

Someone posted recently that Target tends to progressively slash their
clearance discounts as time passes, all the way to 70% off.  What day
of the week do these changes usually take effect?  I want to be there
at 8am on the day that the prices drop... :-)

--Bill.

Be careful about that 8am bit. One Target that I hit fairly regularly (but not
all that close) cost me a bit of sleep several times trying to hit the 8am door
opener. One day last summer, I just happened to be passing by (middle of the
afternoon) and found myself following the re-pricing crew by 5 mins and grabbing
a fair amount of stuff just sitting there are the deep discount.

So the moral seems to be: not all stores do the repricing first thing in the am
when the door opens. You might be there at 8am, and find it repriced later the
same day.

Ray