Subject:
Bridge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Mon, 8 Jul 2002 21:03:00 GMT

Hi all,

I just saw a TV show about different world bridges and one of them caught my
eye - no, not either one of your two "big bridges"! :-)
The bridge in question is a drawbridge, said to have been designed by the
same engineer as the Golden Gate. From the footage I would say it has a
modest span in trestle, and a portic structure supporting the counterweight
in one end.

The bridge was referred as built in SF area, so I'm posting this here in the
hope someone knows it; its name was not mentioned, not its exact location.
If you can tell me a bit more about it (images would be fantastic), I'd be
much appreciated. The reason is I've built a similar one, but am now
attempting to improve the design... ;-)

Regards,

Pedro Silva