Subject:
Roger, I apologize on behalf of the group
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Sun, 19 May 2002 01:59:19 GMT

Hey all,

I didn't hear about this incident until the meeting was almost over.
Apparently Roger Rothaar was asked to consolidate/move/compress his display
of sets for sale in order to make room for someone else's stuff.  Roger was
so upset that he packed up his things and left very early.  I have to say
that I'm a little shocked that no one offered to help Roger take a few more
tables from the storage room and help set them up so that Roger could keep
all his stuff displayed.

I don't know exactly what transpired, but we need to make absolutely sure
that something like this never happens again.  One of our longtime members
shows up after missing out on the last few meetings, and then leaves feeling
angry and probably more than a little rejected.  We might play with Lego,
but we're all still adults and we need to exercise a little more sensitivity
regarding other peoples feelings.  It seems to me that someone got a little
too caught up in dealing with their own stuff, and failed to consider the
impact of their actions upon others.

I'm not impyling or suggesting blame on anyone's part, but Roger is a
terrific guy and I'm sure he didn't imagine his feelings.  The whole drive
home I was turning this event over in my mind and the more I thought about
it the more upset I got.  Just think how Roger must feel!  Roger, I am sorry
that this happened and I hope this incident won't put you off being a member
of Baylug.  It wouldn't be the same without you.

David Simmons