 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / *5574 (-100)
  Changes to the 10021 - U.S.S. Constellation

All, A quick note to pass on the info I received about the changes to the #10021, U.S.S. Constellation (yes, this is the right set number this time!). - We are using a hinge element at the front of the ship. This hinge is new as we no longer produce (...) (22 years ago, 11-Feb-03, to lugnet.lego.direct) !

  Re: Cool, received Main Street Legend 10041 today!

(...) James/Kecia, Looking at some scans of the sticker sheet at the 1000steine.de forum ((URL) I have to look at these since I do not own a copy of 10041) and taking your guess into consideration, it seems like the sticker is representing pages (...) (22 years ago, 11-Feb-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Cool, received Main Street Legend 10041 today!

(...) I've been wondering about this too. It's kinda weird. They are definitely not shown in the building instructions. Neither are they shown in the original 6390 it seems. If they are to be used at all, the white 1 x 2 tile is probably the best (...) (22 years ago, 10-Feb-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Cool, received Main Street Legend 10041 today!

Hi, I got this set on Friday, and I can't figure out where the 4 stickers with the numbers 4 and 5 go. Can anyone help me out here? I thought maybe one can be used on the 1 x 2 white tile in the upstairs of the the car shop. The sticker looks like (...) (22 years ago, 10-Feb-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Shop.lego.com broken for Mozilla and Safari on Mac

(...) I care and I have never touched a Mac, my computer at work has NT4 installed and since last week I can no longer use the S@H page since I can't change ship to country beacuse of "cookies not allowed" (I have to change it everytime because the (...) (22 years ago, 10-Feb-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Shop.lego.com broken for Mozilla and Safari on Mac

(...) I don't know about "FINALLY working fine"...last time I tried (a few weeks ago?) the menus on the left were not visible to Opera users, and you still cannot change countries with the mouse in Galeon (you can if you use the keyboard with the (...) (22 years ago, 8-Feb-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Vote for the LEGO Express

Jake emailed me (and I imagine a bunch of others, due to the surpressed recipient list) the other day, asking for a little help on the peoples' choice for the South by Southwest awards. His project, the Tales of the LEGO Express, is up for an award. (...) (22 years ago, 8-Feb-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.publish, lugnet.people)

  Re: Shop.lego.com broken for Mozilla and Safari on Mac

(...) I'll be surprised if it's a Safari bug, since it happens in Mozilla as well. On the other hand, apparently Safari sends a browser ID string similar to Mozilla's. And the Safari team will probably have to spend some time schmoozing sites to (...) (22 years ago, 8-Feb-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Shop.lego.com broken for Mozilla and Safari on Mac

(...) Thanks for the detailed confirmation, that's the same two levels of cookie support I tried. Kevin (22 years ago, 8-Feb-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  3033 Results (was Re: 3033 on the shelf again?)

(...) Final purchase count came in at 141 tubs (my store needed some), and I documented the last 125 (after noticing the bulk 1x4 bags). It was pretty obvious after the first 40 or so, but I finished the lot out for completeness. Results, Bulk 1x2s (...) (22 years ago, 8-Feb-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Shop.lego.com broken for Mozilla and Safari on Mac

(...) I care as well. Safari is a fantastic browser and should be supported fully by coding for web standards, not web browsers. Looks like that little bug button is going to get some use afterall.... -Dave (22 years ago, 8-Feb-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Shop.lego.com broken for Mozilla and Safari on Mac

(...) I care. You're correct though. I hadn't noticed yet, but I just checked as well (MacOS X 10.2.3, Safari 1.0 Beta (v51)). I can't even sign in to this new version of S@H (since beginning of this week, I believe...without the java menu in the (...) (22 years ago, 8-Feb-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Shop.lego.com broken for Mozilla and Safari on Mac

Adding and item to my cart gives a "cookies are disabled" warning for either of these browsers, though that is not the case. I used Mozilla to successfully place an order just a few weeks ago. Appears to work for IE Mac. Uncertain anyone will care (...) (22 years ago, 8-Feb-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: What happened to the bulk bricks?

(...) I must have caught them in the midst of a site update or something. When I tried the black bricks it only had the "variety pack" like the blue currently have, hence my search. I tried red and green and brown and the blue is the only one (at (...) (22 years ago, 6-Feb-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: What happened to the bulk bricks?

(...) From the main S@H page, under "Browse the shop", menu item "Accessories and Bricks" James (22 years ago, 6-Feb-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  What happened to the bulk bricks?

I don't see any announcement here concerning it and both here and on the S@H site itself bulk bricks are referred to, but I can't find them. "If you are looking for information on bulk ordering, the official LEGO website has a LEGO Bulk Ordering (...) (22 years ago, 6-Feb-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: What's different about the 10040 Main Street legend?

(...) <snip> (...) BTW, it is ofcourse set # 10041... Kecia (22 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: What's different about the 10040 Main Street legend?

(...) Yup.... those crummy spruce trees!! I wished they were the Cyphress ones!! :( Ben (22 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: What's different about the 10040 Main Street legend?

(...) Hi Jake, You forgot, that one of trees in the original set, has been replaced by a spruce tree in 10040! Kecia :-) (22 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  What's different about the 10040 Main Street legend?

All, I have gotten a few questions about what has changed with the 10040 Main Street legend. Below is a list of a few of the changes. When we started researching bringing this back, there were a few other issues that we were able to address. We had (...) (22 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Roses are ...LEGO?

(...) Well, in my opinion will a similar auction made by a seller on eBay like yourself or me with same clear photo and same information not have given the same high price on this item. The reason the price goes up is only because LSAH is the (...) (22 years ago, 4-Feb-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Roses are ...LEGO?

(...) I don't see LSAH holding a gun to anyone's head. If someone wants to bid idiotic amounts of money, that's their business. It's a different story if the seller is misrepresenting the goods, but LSAH is not doing this. The photos and (...) (22 years ago, 4-Feb-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Roses are ...LEGO?

This auction has ow passed $500.. I can't see any information about a buyer will get a special certificate or similar stuff that will make these roses a collectiable item in the future. So in the case a buyer as I see it just get the 12 roses and (...) (22 years ago, 3-Feb-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Roses are ...LEGO?

wow $480! if I was LEGO direct I would put a couple more up for sale. OnDrew (...) (22 years ago, 3-Feb-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Roses are ...LEGO?

I guess this is bad joke... (...) (22 years ago, 3-Feb-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Roses are ...LEGO?

(...) The photos on the eBay site is enough to recreate them. However you need a steel wire in the brick 1 x 1 rounds... Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (22 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Roses are ...LEGO?

(...) What I think would be cool is if LEGO Direct had printed copies of the rose instructions to hand out at BW03. Russell (22 years ago, 29-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Roses are ...LEGO?

(...) In this case, since they are roses, I think it is called sniPPing <g,d&rlh> Paul Sinasohn LUGNET #115 (22 years ago, 29-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Roses are ...LEGO?

"Matthew Gerber" <Matthew@BlockType.com> wrote in message news:H9G93F.71D@lugnet.com... (...) of (...) bend (...) Speaking about BW, could we get another set of them for, say, a raffle at the event? I'm not married but sure have a mom who would like (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Roses are ...LEGO?

While I definently am not gonna participate, I'll just offer some advice and say that you should wait for the last fifteen minutes or so before bidding anything, so as not to jack up the price too high. Call it sniping... but I thought that was the (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Roses are ...LEGO?

(...) I wouldn't mind...even split? Unfortunately, there's still 6DAYS left on this! Who knows how high they'll go... 8?( Matt (22 years ago, 29-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Roses are ...LEGO?

(...) Well I got outbid. Do we want to band together on this? Russell (22 years ago, 29-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Roses are ...LEGO?

(...) Well crud! With BricksWest starting on Valentine's Day, all of us husbands are going to bid on these to give there or before leaving. Looks like Russell Clark is going for it. Anyone want to split these for the wives? Matt (22 years ago, 29-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Roses are ...LEGO?

Another LEGO Shop At Home eBay auction just launched, and this one is one of my favorites! From the auction description: "Now, for the first time being offered to the public, you can add a LEGO touch to Valentine's Day with a bouquet of a dozen LEGO (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  (canceled)

  Re: Which items that are valid for discount in Europe?

(...) This is great. Thank you for helping clarify the situtation and for the discount! Fiona (22 years ago, 24-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Which items that are valid for discount in Europe?

(...) Please thank Jarid for us, Jake, for clarifying this 8?) ROSCO (22 years ago, 24-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Which items that are valid for discount in Europe?

(...) (Posting for one of my colleagues) All, We are currently working on expanding the number of items available for the bulk discount globally. Also, since it may seem a bit inconsistent as to which products qualify for a discount in which (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 3033 on the shelf again?

(...) Boxes labeled 3033 and 1200 pieces where available before Christmas in Germany, so I bought one as a Christmas present for my nephews. I got the suspicion that there were way too many white 1x4, but I didn't count them. Jürgen (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: x-wing

(...) It appears they have sold out already! Here's hoping they make a few more. I exect there'd also be a market for a reissue of the Snowspeeder and perhaps even the AAT? Scott A (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 3033 on the shelf again?

(...) I bought 120 tubs last week and am unpacking them now. Only have 24 here, the rest to be picked up weekend after next from layby. I started documenting the batch codes (4 digits, printed in black on side of tub) and the contents within. Only (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: 3033 on the shelf again?

(...) Hmmmm interesting. There's a query about this here (URL) and my inventory (in the reply)matches the peeron inventory. There's a dearth of 3033s available in Aus right now, has anyone in aus seen one with different brick counts? ROSCO (added (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: 3033 on the shelf again?

(...) <snip> (...) There is definitely two types of 3033s. I have one American version wich has the same contents as shown at Peeron. I also have 2 Australian 3033s an they do indeed have more 1x4s and less 1x2s. But I agree - it's weird, that they (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 3033 on the shelf again?

(...) So you're saying there's a blue tub widely available in Asia, and it carries the set number 3033 but it has a different inventory? That's really weird. Lego has released a number of new and different basic brick assortments lately here in the (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Which items that are valid for discount in Europe?

Hi, I rang S@H in the U.K and asked about discount on bulk items,the girl told me that there was and on all bulk items.I just had to order them she didn`t ask me about a code.She explained it like this buy 15 you get 15% off. Buy 20 you get 15% off (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Which items that are valid for discount in Europe?

(...) Following Fiona question, I'd like to get more info on this AFOL23. The last time I order on S@H from France, the lady and her manager had never heard of such a code !!! Could you please clarify thing and manage that we (Europeans) get the (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Which items that are valid for discount in Europe?

Hi, Just before I place an order at Shop at Home I was wondering if you could clarify which bulk pack items are valid for use with the AFOL23 discount code. I think I have read that it is only brick and plate packs, but in the States it seems that (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Cool, received Main Street Legend 10041 today!

(...) Yes, and they have changed the bricks under the rails too. There is now a blue 2 x 6 brick at each end instead of the 1 x N pieces, but the old pieces are still included in the set... BTW. There is an error in the instructions. It doesn't show (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jan-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.lego.direct)

"Kecia Hansen" <kch@adslhome.dk> wrote in message news:H8norF.57z@lugnet.com... (...) apart (...) I believe that this has to do with the original design of the track that the crane runs on. You can see from the orginal instructions that they used a (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jan-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Cool, received Main Street Legend 10041 today!

And what a cute and lovely set it is!!! Very nice vehicles and town people. Super great "real" buildings. Cool details. And the crane is fine too. I love this set. :-) Lots of playability. I really like how those construction workers can build the (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 8431 Sold Out -- "DISCONTINUED", backorders in USA!

(...) I don't know what to think about such things. The fact the prices on bricklink is high does not automatically mean they are actually *selling* any for those prizes. But eBay. Those must be collectors bying and they are free to do what they (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8431 Sold Out -- "DISCONTINUED", backorders in USA!

(...) Hi All, If you look on SAH, 8431 now says "Backorders Accepted, will ship by 21 Feb 2003" for USA. Another AFOL alerted me about the 8431 backorder and said that he already ordered it and it shipped the next day! To be honest, I hesitated in (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Is Lego false advertising the new 2003 sets?

I suspect it is just really good box art (or really bad depending on how you look at it). LEGO has done this in the past with other sets, most notably the Trans-Neon-Green color. Troy "Mark P" <mark@landofbricks.com> wrote in message (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

"Barbie does not actually walk and talk on her own..." lol : ) -Rob "Bryan Kinkel" <helpdesk@loseyourmind.com> wrote in message news:H8EurK.7Mr@lugnet.com... (...) shows (...) situation" (...) the (...) are (...) parts (...) this (...) true (...) be (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Is Lego false advertising the new 2003 sets?

Mark, Good question about the "light up" aspects of the box artwork. But I don't think it is false advertising. Just good artwork. (1) I call it artwork because most toys are shown "in a fantasy situation" on the box front to catch the child's eye. (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Is Lego false advertising the new 2003 sets?

Hey all, After looking at MARZ and seeing the awesome new Town and Train sets I found something that kinda bugged me. To see what I am talking about, look at these sets for an example: (URL) I see what looks like new electric light up parts. I was (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Legend #10041 European prices - MISTAKE!

(...) Early Monday morning Shop at Home corrected the price for Denmark, it has become DKK 579.95 now. With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen. (22 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.eu, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Now here's a big one.

I'm guessing that they never did actually "sell" that as a set, but rather it was just a promotional item they made. There was a big push in schools about the space program prior to the challenger launch because there was a school teacher going up. (...) (22 years ago, 6-Dec-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Now here's a big one.

Hey maybe they'll do a set based on this one 8?) (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: What a downer :-(

(...) We need more ranting, not less. Rants almost always give greater insight into your personal experience, and that can only be beneficial. It may not be the easiest thing to swallow, but truth is like that. I agree with you on every other point, (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What a downer :-(

(...) The 24 hour cartoon channels are great! They keep my bird entertained while I'm at work (he likes Nick the best). As to children, just don't let them watch all the time (though in truth I'll sit and watch The Fairly Oddparents or Samurai Jack (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Now here's a big one.

I did a quick upload (might run into an error message) of another picture I found but in a 1987 SAH. This one looks a lot better than the wanna-be that Mega Bloks make (hate those guys!). (URL) guess they didn't stop selling it after Challenger. -- (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  LEGO Legend #10041 European prices - MISTAKE!

(...) :-O The site says DKK 49.95, indeed... it's obviously a mistake. I'm crossposting in the hope someone from LEGO sees this. If it is not a mistake, I'll buy 10 instead of one, via Denmark :-) Pedro (22 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.eu, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: What a downer :-(

"Steve Burge" <steveburge@b_i_g_f_o_o_t.com> wrote in message news:H856EB.6DA@lugnet.com... <snip> Video games have an advantage over board games in that you can play them when no-one else is willing to play a game with you</snip> Isn't that down to (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Now here's a big one.

Do you have a link to where I could find a picture of this catalogue page? The one on brickshelf only shows 1986 Technic kits, and no space shuttle! -- Cheers ... Geoffrey Hyde (Remove spamblock to reply.) "Adrian Egli" <aegli@san.rr.com> wrote in (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Now here's a big one.

"Tim Courtney" <tim@zacktron.com> wrote in message news:H85IuE.LMG@lugnet.com... (...) a (...) :-) (...) I *love* this idea. In fact, TLC and NASA have a "deal" anyway (TLC is using it to promote imagination) and TLC even when as far to match (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: What a downer :-( ...and we still will hang on....

(...) I really do beleive that what we say here really does make a difference. The discusion of technic being alive and why it should be has been going on hear for maybe over a year. We may have covered groud that lego cheifs may not have realised. (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What a downer :-( ...and we still will hang on....

I had some coffe and read this thread. I got to thinking about the range of Technic parts and brick. I figure what falls into a Technic part catagory is so essential to building stuff that moves or helps form features, that it could never go away. I (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What a downer :-(

One idea has crept into my mind. Maybe, it's just one of those years? I thought back to the mid 80's and looked at some of my US LEGO brochures to check out what was out then. As I remembered it, Technic was rather thin. One important note: this is (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What a downer :-(

Surely they are not remaking the 8280 Fire Engine and the 8235 Front End loader? I'd rather see the 951 Bulldozer, the 8853 Excavator, and the 8862 Backhoe brought back to life. (Ya, I like large equipment - strictly for the parts mind you ;) ) -Rob (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Now here's a big one.

"Paul S. D'Urbano" <durbano@optonline.net> wrote in message news:H85Fww.Bqy@lugnet.com... (...) my (...) ''All (...) pictured (...) shuttle (...) recently (...) TLC (...) You mean like the "purely coincidental" Lego Island Extreme Stunts line (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: What a downer :-(

(...) I was under the impression that all the problems being listed in the post(s) I replied to were related to the short attention spans being cultivated in new generations these days. Addiction to one form of entertainment may be bad, but it's a (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Now here's a big one.

(...) Cool! Of course, they could go modular with it - you can build the set in the phases of construction :-) Hey, we can dream, right? Brad, you listening? ;-) -Tim (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: What a downer :-(

Oh, COME ON. We go through this EVERY year. The new catalog comes out, people whine about no Technic in it. Technic is almost never listed in the first catalog of the year. There WILL be some nice Technic sets this year, they're just going to show (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Now here's a big one.

(...) Really frickin' huge :) The station is 240 feet across the solar arrays, 146 feet long, and 90 feet high. Using an extremely rough minifig scale conversion of 1:40, we're talking 6 feet by 3.6 feet by 2.3 feet. That would cover a tabletop area (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: What a downer :-(

(...) It woud make commercial sence as Megablocks make a large red fire engine. Fire engines I guess would alway be popular with parents and grandparents. In my opinion though a model team style model would have more appeal to the public. If it's (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Now here's a big one.

(...) Oooo... I wonder how big that would be minifig scale[1]? I'd love to see a minifig scale set like that built with UCS quality and part quantities :-) And a true minifig scale Space Shuttle to go with it (sold separately) -Tim [1] Naturally, (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Now here's a big one.

(...) How about a UCS International Space Station? Now that would be fun. Adrian -- (URL) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Now here's a big one.

(...) Adrian, I agree a UCS space shuttle would be awesome, I've been a big space shuttle nut since I was a kid and 8480 still tops my list of all-time LEGO. Unfortunately, I recently noticed a big Mega Bloks Space Shuttle at TRU. I have a feeling (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: What a downer :-(

(...) What, if it is true that's great news (and I said technic is alive did'nt I 8^)). But if it ain't, many people who have read your post may be very dissapointed. So please, we need some proof, some evidence. P.S what do you mean by shovel. Is (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  Now here's a big one.

When I was wading through my brochures from the 80's , something caught my eye. On the back page of the 1986 US LEGO brochure is a poster titled ''All Systems Go!'' (P-1) that was about 19''x25''. (Did it go off the market after the Challenger (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: What a downer :-(

Yeah, but a lot of this comes down to parents who should really monitor what their children are doing and make sure they don't do too much of one thing - be it watch TV, play video games or even read books or play with lego. Video games have an (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What a downer :-(

(...) My guess is kids today are forced to "get adult" faster thus turning away from LEGO sooner. This makes the Technic line in it's traditional meaning harder to sell. Since the rant is up I'll blame the lack of beams, I mean of we AFOL's have (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What a downer :-(

(...) Well, my answer is buy Meccano instead ... they have some nice sets for reasonable prices. Meccano Motion System 50 Re-use 599 Meccano building pieces to make up to 50 different models with this sensational kit. Includes a 6 Volt motor and (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What a downer :-(

(...) What?? How do you know that? - David (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What a downer :-(

(...) No, probably not. I admit plenty of attention is needed to play (I don't believe I stated otherwise.) However, when people begin to grow dependent on video games for entertainment, it is common that they tend to play for long periods of time (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What a downer :-(

(...) Not every board game lasts as long as Monopoly or a marathon game of Go. And there's plenty of kids who play RPGs that take up to 100 hours to finish, so I'm gonna have to disagree on just plain (video) "games" being the problem. Even (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8431 Sold Out -- "DISCONTINUED", says SAH!!!

(...) Thanks John. Now I feel dumb. I should have paid closer attention to Brad Justus' post which I know I read way back when. I guess this is why I was the only one surprised by this. My mistake. Next time I'll know better and order a classic I (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 8431 Sold Out -- "DISCONTINUED", says SAH!!!

(...) 8464, the re-release of 8459 Pneumatic Front-End Loader, started shipping September 2001, and was sold out in the US before the end of November 2001. 7152, a re-release of Star Wars set 7150 TIE Fighter and Y-Wing, started shipping late (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: What a downer :-(

(...) Hmm...that's one of the sole reasons I'm a nonconformist. Some can say the blessings of our society and technology really better humanity, but is this really true? Is it a 'blessing' that if someone is bored they instead turn to the TV or (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What a downer :-(

There will be 3 great (big) technic sets in august. A firedepartment truck in red, a shovel in yellow and an RC street car in silver. paul wolters, netherlands (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What a downer :-(

"Bob Gomez" <kukumba@aol.com> wrote in message news:H83wI4.56M@lugnet.com... <snip> I guess some will say that the market has changed and kids today don't have the attention span that they used to. </snip> I'm getting a bit tired of hearing this (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What a downer :-(

Yes, I was sad to see the catalog too. Very disappointing. However, there were some new 2003 "Technic-ish" sets spotted a while back online (several small sets of construction equipment). The set numbers were in the 8000's. It will be interesting to (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What a downer :-(

Yes, I was sad to see the catalog too. Very disappointing. However, there were some new 2003 "Technic-ish" sets spotted a while back online (several small sets of construction equipment). The set numbers were in the 8000's. It will be interesting to (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What a downer :-(

"Bob Gomez" <kukumba@aol.com> wrote in message news:H83wI4.56M@lugnet.com... (...) it's (...) and (...) It is sad. At work often whenever I bring in a model of one of our robots or bits of automation, some of my co workers will ask, "Where can I get (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What a downer :-(

(...) The sad truth is that Technic is DEAD. I don’t want to believe it. But it’s true. I think the Lego Company is making a huge mistake by ignoring the Technic market. The whole reason I got into Lego was because Mindstorms and Technic. Now my (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8431 Sold Out -- "DISCONTINUED", says SAH!!!

(...) Thanks for checking this out, Adrian. I'm not surprised by the response considering there would probably be some expense in moving the stock around across regions. Does anyone reading this thread know of any precedent for a set being available (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 8431 Sold Out -- "DISCONTINUED", says SAH!!!

I just got of the phone with a US SAH rep and asked if they could import stock from another country to the US and the answer was no they can't. It's either contact a friend in a country that does have one or get on BrickLink. (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  What a downer :-(

I got my 2003 SAH (US) cat the other day, OK new years eve, and was left rather disappointed. In the past, I've viewed the January catalog as a benchmark for the year followed by the Summer one. But God help us all, this one just plain stinks for (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8431 Sold Out -- "DISCONTINUED", says SAH!!!

"Tobbe Arnesson" <StPnAtM@lotek.nu> wrote in message news:H82y3y.8nG@lugnet.com... (...) happened. (...) are (...) to (...) I like that idea of contacting SAH to see if they can import what's available in other countries to the US. Those dk gray (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact