 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5554
Re: Roses are ...LEGO?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Tue, 4 Feb 2003 16:51:13 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Kerry Raymond writes:

Just a thought.. think LSAH is making big money on buyers who is not
thinking clearly when they bid on an item like this...

I don't see LSAH holding a gun to anyone's head. If someone wants to bid
idiotic amounts of money, that's their business. It's a different story if
the seller is misrepresenting the goods, but LSAH is not doing this. The
photos and description are quite clear in my opinion; indeed, the photos are
so clear that most of us can see how to make them ourselves :-)

Kerry

Well, in my opinion will a similar auction made by a seller on eBay like
yourself or me with same clear photo and same information not have given the
same high price on this item.

The reason the price goes up is only because LSAH is the seller.. and some
might get the idea this is an unique item - but it isn't an unique item if
nothing prove this is made by lego for the special occasion - Valentine's
Day 2003.

It's correct that LSAH have a clear picture and a clear statement in many
languages how to complete the auction when you are the winner - for an
example can you see that depending on where you live will you have to add
local taxes/VAT etc in top of the price.

But there is no description that indicate wether these flowers comes in a
originally lego box, with some certificate of authenticy etc., and in my
opinion does some buyers probably not consider that they risk just getting
12 lego flowers without anything else in a box with no description etc.

And that is why I say, that buyers might bid higher than normally. And I
think that lego somehow takes advantages of their name in an auction like this.

I don't think this set of 12 flowers will sell for $500+ if it was produced
and sold in normal shops - do you?